Keenan & Associates is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers’ compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous progress and expansion, making us the 18th largest consulting firm in the United States. This growth positions us to continue to lead the industry into the 21st century.
We currently have an exciting, career opportunity for a Senior Project Coordinator in our Riverside, CA office.
The ideal candidate for this role is a highly motivated individual who works well with a wide variety of people and personalities, both internally and externally. Must have very strong and up-to-date MS Office Suite skills and be able to work with large documents: rearranging, organizing, editing and identifying missing parts to public agency emergency operations plans.
Prior experience in emergency management and NIMS/SEMS would be ideal. This position will, in addition to supporting other Project Coordinator responsibilities outlined below, coordinate emergency management initiatives and hazard prevention activities; develop emergency management public safety educational outreach materials; prepare, implement, and maintain emergency preparedness programs and field consultant project logs; review an EOP to ensure the physical document is formatted correctly, contains all the necessary sections/annexes and contains standard components based on current state and federal standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Identifies potential enhancements (non-technical) to the department’s products and procedures.
• Coordinates the research, strategizing, organization, design and implementation associated with the enhancements.
• Acts as the local liaison with other internal departments on office wide collaborative projects such as supplying Loss Control documents for JPA packets, project status updates, etc.
• Develops and maintains technical and project documentation for the Department to complete the above listed initiatives.
• Following the Department Standards - format, proof read and correct any errors found in reports received from Consultants.
• Coordinates personal workflow to meet the Department Standards’ turnaround times.
• Packages department products for delivery to client within departmental standards for turnaround times.
• Assists consultants with developing training materials for scheduled training programs/sessions.
• Prepares loss analysis materials and formats topic bulletins for distribution.
• Assists with conducting preliminary background research on safety issues as requested by internal and external customers.
• Administrative support for department field staff.
• Tracks service plans and updates status sheets saved on department’s R drive.
• Assists with proposals as requested.
• For either a group of consultants or specific product, perform all other duties required of a Project Coordinator.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS: High-level analytical, organizational and planning skills with the proven ability to manage a project from start to finish. Must have strong customer service, writing and communication skills. Should be able to handle and prioritize multiple projects at one time. Needs to be a team player with a collaborative and flexible attitude. A self-motivated and organized work style is essential. A background in emergency operations planning, product development and/or marketing valued, and some knowledge of Safety and/or Workers’ Compensation regulations preferred. Ability and motivation to learn and quickly adapt to new and evolving roles/responsibilities is required.
SOFTWARE: Very advanced working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Research required.
Please apply online or submit your resume and salary history to (email@example.com). For more information or to see a list of our current openings, please visit our website at www.keenan.com
Keenan provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. We encourage teamwork and employee initiative - people working together is what makes Keenan a success. We invite you to share in the commitment of preserving our warm tradition, reputation and dedication to our clients. After all…What you do makes a difference!
Please apply online. For more information, visit our website at www.keenan.com
Keenan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and supports Workplace Diversity.
Location/Region: Riverside, CA (US)