- Good Bedside Manner: Candidate must be able to present an approachable and friendly demeanor especially when dealing with challenging situations.
- Works Well Under Pressure: During challenging and unexpected scenarios, customers may become frustrated. Candidates need to keep a level head, not panic and help manage expectations.
- Effective Time Management: Candidate must be able to correctly prioritize duties to keep up with shifting deadlines and be efficient in completing tasks both individually and as a member of our team.
- Flexibility with a Schedule: In this industry, it is not uncommon for work to happen outside of normal business hours. Our ideal candidate must be willing to work after-hours or a modified schedule in some cases.
- Operating Systems: Familiarity with any flavor of Linux and experience using both server and desktop flavors of Windows and Mac.
- 3-5 years experience working with Video, Media – NLE nd basic colorspace and frame rate / bitrate knowledge required.
- Knowledge of Render Farms, Transcoding Workflows, and File Transfer (Aspera/Signiant/FileCatalyst) required
- Media Storage Platforms (Avid ISIS/Nexis, NetApp, EMC Isilon, NexSan,
- Networking: Understanding of layer 2 and layer 3-type devices.
- Industry Experience: At least one prior position for Media Industry company required
- User Management: Able to set up and use Active Directory, LDAP or Open Directory systems to provision access controls and policies for systems and users.
- Virtualization: Knowledge of Virtual Machine and Virtual Application systems.
- Storage: Knowledge of the fundamental differences between NAS, SAN and DAS products.
- Applications: In depth use and understanding of application suites such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, Autodesk, etc.
- Scripting: Any basics of Perl, Bash, Batch, etc. are a plus.
- Certifications: Bonus round! Any technical certifications are worth mentioning.
- Must speak fluent English.
- Have a valid California driver’s license, valid insurance, and working car/truck.
- Must pass a background check
- Must be able to lift 60lb
We are a customer-service focused, Technology Value Added Reseller. Our engineering team is the backbone of our organization performing full-service integration of everything from server room design to end-user service contracts. Our ideal candidates value individual efforts that contribute to the success of the team as well as a commitment to continued education in new and emerging technologies that will better serve our customers. "On Time and Under Budget" is our customer-focused motto.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)