Requisition #: 29499
Working Title: Pharmacy Tech I- Cancer Center
Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0771090 - OCC-Pharmacy
City: Los Angeles
Job Category: Allied Health/Clinical
Job Specialty: Pharmacy
Position Type: Regular-F/T
Shift Length: 8hr
Days: Departmental Schedule
Shift Type: Flexible
Weekends: As Needed
Job Posting: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed acute, level 1 tertiary care teaching hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, just a block away from Beverly Hills. The Pharmacy Department has over 380 staff members who provide comprehensive inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient services via 2 cancer centers and 4 outpatient pharmacies pharmacy services. The Department has accredited residencies in pharmacy practice and health-system pharmacy management and is affiliated with schools of pharmacy in California.
Pharmacy Technician to provide support to oncology services at the Cancer Center.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for the preparation, distribution and control of sterile and non-sterile oral and injectable medications and participation in departmental programs. All duties are performed independently by the technician under the supervision of a pharmacist. The employee performs job duties with sensitivity to the patient’s diverse cultural backgrounds. The employee maintains competency skills to differentiate the dose ranges and dosage forms with consideration to the age of the population served, if applicable.
Note: New Hires must successfully pass a background check, a prohibited substance screening and a pre-employment physical.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Educational Requirements:
Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the California. State Board of Pharmacy
• Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
• Individuals must be able to do calculations involving ratios, proportions and percentages.
• Subject to background and reference check.
• Post Hiring:
1. Required to attend and pass all of the pharmacy technician training classes with a minimum score of 90% on the exam.
2. In the event of a score of less than 90% on any part of the exam, a trainee will be allowed to repeat a test section one time only. Failure to pass with 90% or better on a repeat test will result in termination or transfer back to the previous position of another department.
3. Acceptable completion of the on-the-job training program as evidenced by work samples and/or practical examinations.
Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the California State Board of Pharmacy License
Physical Demands: (e.g., lilting, standing, walking)
Physical Requirements (physical abilities essential to perform the job):
I. Frequent standing; walking, bending; reaching, occasional sitting, pushing & pulling, lifting of materials up to 40 pounds for distances to 10 feet.
2. Responsiveness to auditory alarms and communication devices including: telephones, beepers, fire alarms, and mechanical failure alarms.
3. Sufficient mobility to access equipment, patients and other customers.
4. Able to read information on medication labels
Work Environment (work environments, hazards and exposures that may he encountered on the job):
1. Exposure to minimal but constant noise levels,
2. Repetitive hand motions.
3. Some functions may include incidental exposure to hazards associated with preparation of cytotoxic medications.
4. Some functions may require use of protective gear such as gloves and fluid-resistant coats.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)