First American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. First American Title provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans. The company’s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of real estate. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
Establish escrow accounts and process transactions for vacation ownership properties in accordance with established policies and procedures for developers, brokers and consumers in a high volume, streamlined environment. Strong customer service skills needed to handle calls and requests, answer questions, and gather and provide information to clients. Receive contracts from clients, review purchase agreements, set up accounts, and verify data. Create title insurance policies for each transaction and distribute for each transaction. Prepare tax documents as may be required.
- Works with clients to address escalated customer service issues.
- Review contracts and purchase agreements to set up accounts and files according to Service Level Agreements; create amendments and interpret cancellation instructions.
- Prepare closing documents on transactions that may have unique features or complicated matters. Perform quality checks on files.
- Calculate title and escrow rates based on transaction type.
- Prepare and distribute invoices for title insurance premiums.
- Wire funds and obtain necessary approvals.
- Prepare title insurance policies and distribute according to Service Level Agreements.
- Maintain records in the escrow accounting system and customer database.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong customer service skills
- Detail / quality oriented
- Problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal & written
- Proficient MS Office skill set
- Knowledge of company operating systems (i.e. FAST)
- Ability to work under pressure, manage challenging customer interactions, and remain flexible to changing schedules and demands
- Thorough knowledge of escrow requirements as it pertains to balanced files, good funds, FIRPTA, 1099, HAOPTA and Franchise Tax
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 2+ years related experience
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: San Marcos, CA