Purpose: Be the happiest part of people’s day!
Position: Assistant Shop Manager - (West Hollywood)
Salt & Straw is a small batch, handmade ice cream company based in Portland, Oregon with a production facility also in Los Angeles, California.
We created this company because we love to create great neighborhoods places, which means supporting local artisans, contributing to local PTAs and taking care of our team.
We take a lot of pride that our ice cream is a reflection of the local community, so our entire menu was written using local cream and collaborating with a cast of farmers, chefs, cheese-makers, brewers, and butchers from all over Oregon and California.
Our kitchen is a crazy fun combination of high end pastry making and lean-focused manufacturing.
Our head chef, Tyler Malek, has won multiple awards in the food industry including Forbes 30 Under 30, and Eater’s Young Guns Finalists.
On top of that, our kitchen team is constantly working with the best chefs in the world for inspiration, training, and collaboration.
Our kitchen team makes everything from scratch and puts incredibly innovative passion behind their work resulting in one of the most dynamic pastry kitchens to work for in the country.
* Able to work on your feet 6-8 hours with energy & enthusiasm
* Able to move with a sense of urgency and inspire others to follow lead
* Able to stay unapologetically positive in a fast-paced environment
* Able to coach and train a team successfully
* Food service hygiene & sanitation skills
* Comfortable working in close proximity to others
* Genuinely wants to take care of others
* Cash handling skills & accuracy
* Able to lift 20- 30 lbs.
* Current Food Handler's Card
* Health insurance (after 60 days employment)
* Paid Time Off (after 90 days employment)
* Hospitality Training
* Employee Assistance Program
* Lots of free ice cream!
* Competitive Wages and lots of Opportunity for Growth
Required!!! A cover letter including the answer to the following questions:
* Which position are you applying for and why would you be a great fit?
* Why does hospitality matter in business?
* What is your biggest pet peeve? * What quality do you admire most?
We can’t wait to get to know you!
Location/Region: West Hollywood, CA (US - 90069)