- High school diploma or equivalent/GED required .
- Vocational certificates in healthcare preferred: appoint scheduling, registration, insurance verification, medical assistant preferred.
- Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree in healthcare, business or operations field strongly preferred.
- 2 years of experience working in a call center and/or in a healthcare customer service department/environment (or combination of that equals two or more years) required.
- Knowledge of HIPPA compliance and various health insurance types preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of medical terminology strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of high-level computer literacy with practice management scheduling systems preferred.
- Bilingual: Spanish, Chinese and other languages preferred.
- Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
Serves as primary point of contact for access to USC academic medical centers and USC Health Sciences Campus. Answers, screens and directs incoming and outgoing telephone calls, electronic messages and other web-based communications using a call management system. Responds to basic inquires and refers other inquires to appropriate medical personnel. Contacts and distributes messages to medical personnel using a variety of electronic methods including text, voice and email systems. Schedules and confirms initial and follow-up medical appointments, registers patients and performs insurance verification.
REQ20056029 Posted Date: 02/05/2018
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)