At ChromaDex, we are passionately engaged in our pursuit to positively impact in people’s day to day health, and profoundly change the way they age. The Director of Publicity & Communications will be a seasoned leader and expert publicity strategist who also enjoys shaping corporate communications. They will be responsible for developing and executing both ChromaDex corporate and TRU NIAGEN® brand communications and publicity efforts. Based out of our Los Angeles (Westwood) office and reporting to the President, this individual will develop the overall publicity and communications strategies and activate against their plans to drive brand awareness and engagement.
- Lead and implement holistic PR strategies that increase engagement and drive traffic to strategic brand platforms such as websites and social channels. Partner with Marketing, Advertising, Creative and external agency partner(s) to ensure distribution is optimized to drive maximum impact.
- Generate robust earned media coverage in partnership with external PR partners, ensuring holistic PR plans are developed to maximize brand growth and that progress is being made on achievement of key PR success metrics.
- Recommend and engage strategic partnerships to garner positive media coverage (print, broadcast, digital) with a concentrated focus on health and wellness and consumer lifestyle press; strengthen relationships with existing media contacts; develop new strategic media relationships; create and execute initiatives on budget and on time.
- Own and Manage PR monitoring tools, ensuring the most appropriate effectiveness measurements are delivered in reports to key business stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on current events and trends that can be applied to, or result in, new corporate and brand PR opportunities.
- Showcase the value of earned media through ongoing measures that complement holistic brand campaign efforts.
- Develop a plan to grow corporate brand awareness
- Generate opportunities for articles, speaking engagements and membership opportunities for key executives to elevate the brand
- Draft and secure approvals on all corporate and Brand press materials
- Develop and execute the corporate social media strategy
- Manage all inbound media requests.
- Ensure all media outreach maintains brands’ integrity, style, tone, voice, and mission.
- Establish and develop effective consultative and reciprocal relationships with both media contacts, and cross functional team members including the executive officers.
- Participate in strategy meetings to align brand mission with long-term growth strategy.
- Implement crisis management planning and preparation; ability to anticipate issues and appropriately prepare for potential issues from emerging externally.
- Prepare and distribute monthly PR updates to internal stakeholders.
- Assist Chief Marketing Officer in developing annual PR budget.
ChromaDex, Inc. (and its subsidiaries) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, national origin, religion, physical handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US - 90001)