Potomac Healthcare Solutions:
Potomac Healthcare Solutions is an award-winning, dynamic, and rapidly growing healthcare services company with a proven background in providing world-class health services for both government and commercial organizations. We are actively recruiting skilled, caring practitioners to support our rapidly growing program base and supported healthcare facilities. If you would like to be a part of a quality-driven organization and make a difference, we would like to talk to you!
This role provides nursing services in support of the Naval Medical Center San Diego (NMCSD) and its Main Operating Room (OR).
- Plan, implement, deliver, provide clinical direction, and coordinate Perioperative, Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), and Ambulatory Procedure Unit (APU) nursing care using scientific, and professional principles as a basis for all techniques and procedures.
- Preform required duties for pre-op and post op including but not limited to confirm scheduled surgery date and procedure with the Main Operating Room and Conduct and document pre-op nursing assessment. Provide any pre-op teaching and discharging patient after re-enforcement of teaching.
- Develop an individualized plan of care that prescribes nursing action to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Confer with surgeon on procedures concerning medications, instruments, sutures, and equipment. Perform duties as circulator for surgical procedures, assuming responsibilities for coordinating patient care activities.
- Adhere to Clinical Sterile Resupply (CSR) policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Set-up, operate and maintain medical equipment during a medical/surgical procedure treatment. Administer prescribed medications. Provide emergency medical/surgical treatment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the special needs (Perioperative, PACU, and DOS) nursing considerations for high-risk age group: infant, pediatric, adolescents, and geriatric.
- Other duties as required under this task order.
Shift: Monday through Friday, (8) hour shifts/days. (10) Federal Holidays will be observed and paid. The Paid Time Off Accrual is 8 Hours earned every two weeks worked (208 hours per year!)
Potomac Healthcare Solutions offers the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid Basic Life and AD&D
- Employer-paid Short-term Disability
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
Potomac Healthcare Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We especially welcome employment interest of US Military Veterans with honorable service.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US - 90001)