The University of Southern California’s Institute for Creative Technologies (ICT) is an off campus research facility, located on a creative business campus in the “Silicon Beach” neighborhood of Playa Vista. We are world leaders in innovative training and education solutions, computer graphics, computer simulations, and immersive experiences for decision-making, cultural awareness, leadership and health. ICT Employees are encouraged to develop themselves both professionally and personally, through workshops, invited guest talks, movie nights, social events, various sports teams, a private gym and a personal trainer. The atmosphere at ICT is relaxed, informal and flexible, while encouraging initiative, personal responsibility and a high work ethic.
We are currently seeking an Associate Research Administrator to join our pre-awards team. The Research Administrator develops, prepares, and finalizes project budgets. Serves as primary liaison and active partner between principal investigators, Office of Sponsored Research, research groups, and other departments. Collaborates with Office of Sponsored Research to ensure awards are set up properly and cost sharing requirements are fulfilled. Reviews and approves expenditures. Develops and communicates reports supporting project status. Participates in contract closeout process. Understands, applies, and advises on University and government policies for projects. Serves as a resource on subject area and overall technical resource to principal investigator and other University staff. Participates in and contributes to process improvements. Participates as a mentor and provides cross-training, as necessary.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated experience submitting proposal applications in Fastlane and Grants.gov preferred
- Must be able to prioritize multiple assignments and meet deadlines, and be able to use a high degree of judgment to make sound decisions
- The ability to handle sensitive information and to communicate with faculty effectively is essential
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and willingness to take on additional tasks is required
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills required
- Familiarity with Uniform Guidance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Occasional evenings and weekend hours may be required to meet proposal submission deadlines
Why work at ICT:
- A quality work-life balance
- Meet interesting people from all walks of life – technologists, social scientists, military, writers, producers, philanthropists
- Opportunities for free, top-tier university education for you and your children
- Located in the heart of Silicon Beach
- Great benefits - medical to matched retirement http://benefits.usc.edu/
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Basic knowledge of governmental regulations. Strong accounting skills. Competency in
project management. A Bachelor’s Degree with broad knowledge of relevant research
computer software, e.g.: Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Outlook, SPSS,
Visio, and SunGard. Experience in creating and analyzing statistical reports. Must be able
to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records and generate reports.
Proven oral and written communication skills to interact with other employees.
REQ20056117 Posted Date: 02/07/2018
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)