- Pulls, fills and sets up orders for customer pickup according to customer sales invoice. No exchange of items is permitted without customer invoice as proof of purchase.
- Insures proper exchange of deposit cases according to sales invoice copy.
- Notifies supervisor or management whenever there is a discrepancy between a customer’s sales invoice and the actual exchange of products.
- Prohibits customers from pulling their own order of items staged in the yard area or inside the warehouse regardless of convenience. All customers must wait to be helped by yard attendant.
- Maintains yard area by keeping all products stocked in their assigned area, picks up and empties trash as needed and keeps chemicals separated as specified by class according safety and fire authority requirements.
- Assists in loading customer vehicles either by hand or with the aid of a forklift.
- Receives shipments of UPS and FedEx. Notifies warehouse associates of all shipments received.
- Communicates positively with supervisors, sales staff, fellow workers and customers to coordinate deliveries/pick-up.
- Moves all inventory into allocated spaces in the yard area at the start of the work day and back into the warehouse at the end of the work day.
- Operates a forklift safely and efficiently, maintains required certification, performs vehicle safety checks and reports discrepancies to supervisor.
- Processes returns accurately.
- Attends product knowledge meetings as required by management.
- Assists in keeping facility secure. Ensures all equipment is stored at end of day and all doors and gates are secured.
- Maintains proficiency in computerized systems and other technologies as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience in distribution or warehousing preferred.
- Ability to maneuver heavy objects, some weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Follow and carry out instructions with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Prior forklift experience.
POOLCORP is a drug-free company and an EOE, M/F/V/D.
Location/Region: Santa Clarita, CA (US)