First American Professional Real Estate Services has delivered state-of-the-art software, services, and support to the settlement industry for more than three decades. A recognized industry leader and a member of the First American Family of Companies (NYSE: FAF), we provide a variety of services, including integrated escrow, closing, and title production systems; document imaging; trust accounting services; 1099 services; and much more. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. To learn more about First American, visit www.firstam.com.
Responsible for processing and completing of tax disclosure orders which requires researching, analyzing and interpreting property tax data. Must have an understanding of FARED’s products in order to understand how IN/OUT determinations are made and tax data is to be used in combination with the Natural Hazard and Environmental hazard reports. Final processing of FARED report products is done by data analysts in conjunction with team members in Texas and California.
- Performs processing of tax disclosure reports in order to meet state mandated disclosure requirements for properties located in California
- Performs complex property tax calculations using standardized procedures
- Use a variety of internal and external property information resources to obtain data used to complete tax disclosure reports
- Research and obtain critical documents relating to Special Tax (Mello Roos) and Assessment Districts (1915 Bond)
- Analyze and interpret documents (Rate and Method of Apportionment, Official Statements, Annual Disclosure
- Uses various mapping tools to identify property or tax district location and/or boundaries
- Interprets, evaluates and resolves or escalates phone/e-mail inquiries pertaining to user requests
- Provides professional, accurate and timely responses to customer service inquiries via phone/e-mail as necessary
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Requires advanced knowledge of property tax process
- Basic MS Office skills
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and remain flexible to changing schedules and demands.
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to apply common sense, understanding and problem solving
- High School diploma or equivalent required
Typical Range of Experience
- 2- 4 years of experience of real estate / property tax experience
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Irvine, CA