Under the general direction of the Front End Design Leadership, plans, executes, engineering design assignments and projects. Leads mid-size or supports large technical assessments, including global feasibility studies, designs, and cost / schedule estimates. Ensures cGMPs, SOPs, Company Procedures, and Good Engineering Practices are appropriately integrated in all activities.
50%: Leads / supports with moderate supervision small to mid-size project designs. Design includes conceptual, basic, detail designs. Ensures all day to day design work meets business objectives through the following:
- Adhering to the engineering business procedures
- Interfaces with the design disciplines through the several phases of the design. This includes overseeing schedules, resources, cost reports, and change control.
- Accountable for all deliverables including schedule milestones, financial performance, and quality of scope according to the assigned projects.
- Setting design direction to design firm counterparts in the assigned design development phases.
- Incorporating new technical solutions and technologies in the project designs to ensure cGMP and EHS compliance.
- Providing support to all phases of the project, including construction, commissioning qualification, and ramp-up for the area of responsibility.
- Developing solutions to complex technical problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
25%: Leads / supports the development pre-conceptual designs used as key information in network efficiency evaluations.
20%: Leads / supports design reviews as part of the phase gate process.
5%: Mentor and coach junior engineers (Level dependent)
Education & Experience Requirements
Essential: Bachelors Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, or Bio-Chemical Engineering, Minimum 5-10 years of experience in process design and engineering (Level Dependent).
Desired: Masters Degree in Engineering
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning.
- 25-35% travel.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
Location/Region: Westlake Village, CA