Requisition #: 29561
Working Title: HR Services Coordinator
Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0865011 - Medical Center HR
City: Los Angeles
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Specialty: Human Resources
Position Type: Regular-F/T
Shift Length: 8hr
Hours: 8am - 4:45pm
Days: Monday - Friday
Shift Type: Day
Job Posting: Summary of Essential Job Duties:
Summary: Academic Human Resources provides comprehensive HR support to the academic line of business (faculty and research) at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. We have an opportunity for a detail-oriented individual with strong administrative skills looking to acquire (or deepen) experience in a diverse range of HR disciplines. The ideal candidate demonstrates outstanding customer service, initiative, collaboration and a focus on process improvement.
Under minimal supervision, the HR Services Coordinator provides a high level of human resources business support, coordinating all administrative activities for the HR Business Partner function of the department including but not limited to employment contracts, onboarding, performance management, employee relations, compensation, training, separations and special projects Demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills in applying a detailed knowledge of the responsibilities, functions and underlying management structure of the department and of the larger Health System in organizing and prioritizing work, establishing procedures and systems and ensuring the orderly and timely flow of business through the office.
Key components of the role:
1. Establishes the administrative and office management systems for the department. Composes policy and procedure manuals and statements for the department.
2. Responsible for drafting and disseminating information including announcements, information bulletins, policies and procedures (Departmental and CSHS) throughout department and with monitoring and follow-up responsibility to ensure adherence to policy and reporting requirements.
3. Demonstrates detailed knowledge of administrative practice, policies and procedures and the ability to independently problem-solve and perform duties and responsibilities.
4. Interprets HR and Academic specific policies, practices and guidelines, knowledgeable about various areas of CSMC, in order to provide a high level of service to clients and management seeking information. Routes inquiries to other levels of the organization as appropriate.
5. Continuously develops knowledge as a client resource and gains subject matter expertise in assigned targeted areas of disciplines related to work activities and projects assignment.
6. Creates correspondence, narrative and statistical memorandum and reports. Composes more routine business correspondence either independently or with minimal direction.
7. Manages the administrative aspects of the HRBPs’ human resources functions:
a. Leads the project planning and administration of the annual performance review processes for postdocs and research staff populations. May assists, as needed, with the faculty appraisal process. Develops project timelines, department and staff communications, coordinates and facilitates department and staff in-services, builds employee merit worksheets and works with HRDM on the mass data uploads. Performs primary analysis of post-doc and research staff annual evaluations for HRBPs final review, follows-up with departments to collect and rectify outstanding or deficient items.
b. Drafts faculty professional services agreements (initials and renewals) and contract amendments, and termination and layoff notifications. Works closely with client departments to clarify discrepancies on fact sheets in order to incorporate accurate contract terms and job descriptions. Maintains detailed tracking system. Drafts SBARs for HRBPs summarizing HR Actions that are circulated to executive management for review.
c. Conducts research and proposes policies and guidelines for special projects. Manages tasks, organizes work, and performs follow-up to bring projects to closure. Provides ongoing feedback/ communication on the status of projects and timelines to help ensure team is on track with deadlines.
d. Manages AHR client training schedule including helping to diagnose what training is required, preparing announcements, tracking participants, facilitating participant training evaluations and subsequent reporting as requested.
8. Participates in and may lead special projects related to departmental needs, providing development opportunities and exposure to inter-disciplinary teams.
9. Contributes to the development and implementation of Academic HR business process changes.
10. Participates in bi-weekly HRBP and Talent Advisor catch-up meetings to remain informed of relevant HR and key issues in the academic enterprise and how AHR work processes support the business needs of the client. Identifies opportunities to create efficiency and add value through the creation and innovation of new and existing business processes.
11. Assists with faculty onboarding in collaboration with the HRBPs. This includes preparing onboarding material, preparing documents for onboarding, scheduling onboarding meetings for the HRBPs, scheduling employee health appointments, facilitating pre-hire steps such as background checks, and collecting I-9 and supporting documentation.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree (with courses in business, accounting, computer operation and applications preferred).
Two to three years progressively responsible HR and administrative experience, such experience demonstrating ability to independently establish administrative and office procedures; ability to identify problems and resourcefulness to resolve them independently and on own initiative
• Demonstrated leadership ability to establish interdepartmental administrative systems and achieve orderly, accurate and timely work flow from underlying offices and units.
• Demonstrated ability to compose letters, policy statements, procedure manuals and reports on own initiative; ability to organize complex statistical and narrative reports, charts and exhibits into a complete document suitable for publication and distribution.
• Ability to edit material and ensure correct punctuation, spelling and grammar. Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
• Must possess a minimum computer competency comprised of a working knowledge of Windows or comparable system (specifically including keyboarding and mouse skills). Must additionally possess a working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation development, E-mail, browsers and on-line reporting.
• Knowledge and understanding of the organization, functions, policies and procedures of the Department, and the inter-relationship with the larger Cedars-Sinai Health System, and the ability to apply the knowledge to the work of the office.
• Experience demonstrating the ability to handle multiple tasks frequently with short time-lines, to prioritize and organize work, and to complete assignments in a timely, accurate manner.
• Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization, interact effectively with Directors, Managers, faculty, patients, internal staff and representatives of public agencies and businesses.
• Strong human relations, verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Exemplary organization skills.
Ability to navigate a standard office setting
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)