The Director of Patient and Family Services provides operational leadership, day to day supervision and administrative oversight to the Case Management and Social Services Departments by developing, interpreting and applying policies, procedures and strategies. Responsible for departmental management, staff development and performance management. Leads initiatives around utilization review, proper coding of status of patients (observation versus outpatient versus inpatient), ensures all process for billing of MediCal patients is timely and accurate, complies with all regulatory standards including but not limited to Title 22, CMS and DNV.
- Masters degree in nursing, business, healthcare administration preferred.
- Five to seven years of clinical nursing experience, with five or more years of experience in hospital based case management and three to five years of director level experience.
- Familiar with InterQual criteria.
- Lead Utilization Team/Committee with physician as co-chair or other administrative personnel as co-chair.
- Registered Nurse in the State of California.
- Current BCLS from the American Heart Association.
As part of Keck Medicine of USC, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is the only community hospital in the Foothills area of Los Angeles backed by an academic medical center. With its 40-year legacy of personalized care from expert physicians, experience nurses and a dedicated staff the community has come to know and trust, USC–VHH brings patients the latest medical advancements and 24/7 emergency services. Join this world-class team providing highly-specialized care, up-to-the-minute research and innovative clinical trials.
REQ20056261 Posted Date: 02/09/2018
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)