Requisition #: 29554
Working Title: Security Officer
Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0842001 - SECURITY PLANT PRO
City: Los Angeles
Job Category: General/Support Services/Facilities
Job Specialty: Security
Position Type: Regular-F/T
Shift Length: 8hr
Days: Departmental Schedule
Shift Type: Flexible
Weekends: As Needed
Job Posting: Summary of essential job duties for the Security Officer position include:
- Must be able to work extended shifts when emergency situations warrant.
- Work in various environments including outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat.
- Must be able to work in all areas, interstitial spaces and grounds in and surrounding the medical center.
- Performs internal/external patrols of the medical center and campus buildings.
- Promptly respond to all unusual emergencies and provides timely written reports to his/her Watch Commander.
- Carries out assigned tasks and post instructions.
- Provides escort services and protects the safety of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player required in a diverse cultural setting.
Note: New Hires must successfully pass a background check, a prohibited substance screening and a pre-employment health screening.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Valid California Driver’s License Required
- California Security Guard Card required.
- IAHSS certification preferred.
- Ability to read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing in communicating with visitors, staff and patients.
- Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel, general public and patients in a professional and effective manner: must be able to use initiative and independent judgement within established guidelines.
- Must be able to frequently prepare reports and logs in a neat and legible manner.
- Basic computer skills required. Will be required to complete electronic incident reports using a computer.
- Must be able to work in personal protective equipment (gloves, masks and gowns) while assisting medical staff.
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet).
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift and run as needed.
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties, including lift or carry up to 80 lbs.
- Constant use of both hands, arms and fingers in reaching/handling/grasping while using radio, phone, notepad, writing reports and other administrative tasks.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with people and view security monitors.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)