The Keck School of Medicine of USC Clinical Trials Office is seeking a Medicare Coverage Analyst to assist faculty and staff in navigating the pre-award process for clinical trials efficiently and competently through diligent communication and working within USC’s clinical trial management system (OnCore). The goal of the Coverage Administrator is to review documents submitted to central office and perform coverage analysis review. The Medicare Coverage Administrator will perform a detailed review of study documents to confirm the accuracy and integrity of submissions, perform advanced Medicare coverage analysis and assist clinical trials office pre-award and billing compliance team in study startup facilitation, budget development and working with other administrative offices and study teams to streamline exchange of communication. The MCA administrator will attend kickoff meetings and seek feedback and guidance from Principal Investigators in discerning between research and standard of care procedures, and communicate that to pre- and post-award team to ensure proper billing and compliance.
Supervision Received: Contracts & Grants Administrator III (Centralized), reports to the Director of Operations.
- Completes Medicare Coverage Analysis for clinical trials, oncology experience preferred
- Lead kick-off meetings at study initiation to obtain timely justification and feedback from Principal investigator and Study Team
- Act as the point person for tracking project related items/issues.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with stakeholders to provide updates and process guidelines, and obtain feedback and approvals.
- Provide coding and pricing for research procedures based on MCA.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Therapeutic Intent Attestation Completion for Phase I and First in Human Studies
Minimum Education: Related undergraduate study, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Contracts and Grants Administration
A bachelor’s degree or combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Medicare Coverage Analysis
- Minimum of 5 years experience in administration/operations
- Preferred experience coding and developing clinical trial budgets
REQ20056183 Posted Date: 02/13/2018 - Thru date - 6/30/2018
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)