The Housing Authority of the City of San Buenaventura
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Salary Range Bi-weekly $1,823.08 - $2,276.78
Under general direction provides a variety of highly responsible, complex and confidential secretarial and administrative services, including, special projects as assigned; providing high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings for the Executive Staff. Ensures responsive, confidential, and efficient customer service; and exercises a high level of personal discretion within all aspects of the position.
This position is also responsible in the day to day management of vendor contracts and procurement activities. This area of work involves coordination of procurement activities, contract administration, contract and legislative compliance, management of procurement schedules.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS STATEMENT- The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and or skills required. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positons. Essential duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative assistance in support of Executive staff. Currently supports three (3) positions.
- Prepare a variety of complex correspondence, documents and forms for assigned projects; coordinate and participate in preparing comprehensive reports, board reports, and agendas.
- Review and check documents, a variety of reports, and correspondence for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to applicable rules and regulations; assembles materials in accordance with established format.
- Prioritize and coordinate work assignments.
- Track deadlines and follow-up on time sensitive, and outstanding inquires.
- Establish, maintain, and revise indexes and filing systems, monitor file progress and provide ongoing information to staff related to assigned duties.
- Conduct research, analyze results, and prepare report of findings on a variety of special projects.
- Monitor needs, purchase and maintain availability of Housing Authority Executive staff office materials and supplies; make recommendations and identify alternatives.
- Organize and maintain storage and filing.
- Coordinate and assist in procurement functions, such as preparing public solicitations, request for proposals, invitations to bid, request for qualifications, and request for quotes for all Housing Authority departments. Preparation of ancillary materials in conjunction with competitive solicitations including, but not limited to, advertising, vendor communications, required forms and other necessary documents. Tabulation of scoring bids, scored by an evaluation committee, with recommendations for awards to appropriate staff.
- Maintain current procurement and contract files and/or database.
- Monitor staff micro purchases made by Agency credit cards.
- Communicate with vendors/contractors and assist in pre-proposal conferences, pre-bid openings and job-walks, as well as any external events that affect procurement activities.
- Advises staff about procurement methods and recommends alternative solutions, within prescribed guidelines, as applicable to user departments.
- Responsible for monitoring bid/proposal due dates, as well as contract expiration dates.
- Prepare contract terms and conditions using a template.
- Prepare various correspondences, reports, travel authorizations, reimbursements, and logs.
- Consistently provide accurate, complete and up-to-date information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality and integrity of all information received and reviewed.
- Be available during Agency business hours to meet client needs, coordinate with co-workers, oversee contract workers, attend face-to-face meetings, and handle day-to-day operations necessary for the position.
- Working principles and techniques of administrative and fiscal analysis, and basic record keeping.
- Office practices and procedures including indexing, filing systems and standard reference sources.
- Basic mathematics including fractions, decimals and percentages used to calculate costs and statics.
- Basic grammar skills used in preparing various types of written communication such as letters, memos, forms and bulletins, including various style and formats.
- Microsoft Office suite at a very high level.
- Superior time management, prioritization and organization skills; extremely detail oriented.
- Pertinent Federal. State, and local codes, laws and regulations.
- Basic procurement rules and regulations as prescribed by HUD.
- Type accurately at a reasonable speed
- Prepare a variety of clear and concise reports and recommendations, while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Read, understand, and apply established Authority policies, procedures, practices, and regulations and those of the department.
- Work under the pressure of high volume of contacts, and the variety of their needs.
- Exercise initiative and independent judgment that demonstrates quality customer services, good business sense, creativity, and as part of a team.
- Maintain the mental capacity to make sound judgments and the physical capacity to effectively perform the duties as assigned.
- Compose clear, complete, accurate and concise correspondence and reports independently using correct grammar, syntax, punctuation and spelling.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Work with a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Deal diplomatically and sensitively with clients, other agency representatives, local community agencies, and the general public.
- Understand and implement oral and written instructions, and make sound decisions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Operate a personal computer using various Windows-based applications and related programs, including standard, as well as proprietary software.
Any combination of experience and education that would be likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities could be qualifying, as determined by the Authority. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities would be:
- High School Diploma and
- Two (2) years of college-level courses generally related to business is desirable; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in a clerical/administrative position in the public sector.
- Experience with a social services agency whose function is generally related to the activities of the Authority is desirable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS ON THE POSITION: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions (may) require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time in indoor office environment. Must have vision to read printed material and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person, before groups, and over the telephone. Must stoop, kneel, reach, stretch, bend, pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Employee must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects up to 25 – 50 lbs. with the use of proper equipment. Have excellent hand strength and the manual dexterity to operate keyboard equipment.
- Must have access to an automobile or other means of transportation, when and if required to travel on Housing Authority business.
- Must possess current automobile insurance in accordance with California law and, a valid California driver’s license, including a driving record acceptable to the Housing Authority insurance Company.
- Must be insurable by the Housing Authority’s insurance carriers.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to attend evening meetings.
- Provide proof of US citizenship or, if an alien, either lawful admission for permanent residence or authorization for appropriate work by the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETED APPLICATION, AND IF OFFERED THE POSITON, YOU MUST SUBMIT A DISCLOSURE FORM, AND DRIVER RECORD FORM TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION
FILING DEADLINE - 4:00 p.m. March 8, 2018
Location/Region: Ventura, CA (US)