The USC International Academy, in the Office of Strategic and Global Initiatives, is seeking instructors/teachers, to help students achieve academic and professional goals through high‐quality instruction in English as a Second Language and university preparation.
- Teach up to 23 hours a week
- Develop course materials for assigned courses
- Participate in curriculum development projects
- Assist with placement testing
- Participate in program development and course coordination meetings
- Provide timely and instructive feedback on student work
- Keep accurate course records
- Actively seek collaboration with colleagues
- Maintain a consistent, supportive, student‐centered approach appropriate for adult learners, including a minimum of 2.5 posted office hours per week
The university is centrally located in Los Angeles with easy access to commuter trains, buses, and free tram services. Employee benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance.
USC is an equal-opportunity educator and employer, proudly pluralistic and firmly committed to providing equal opportunity for outstanding persons of every race, gender, creed and background. The university particularly encourages members of underrepresented groups, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply. USC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Further information is available by contacting email@example.com.
Minimum Education BA with TEFL/TESL certificate
• Minimum of 3 years ESL teaching experience with demonstrated excellence in classroom teaching
• Experience teaching in an Intensive English, English for Academic Purposes or Conditional Acceptance programs at the university level
• Computer literacy and experience using classroom technologies
• Desire to teach all skills across all levels of English proficiency
Preferred Education MA TESOL
REQ20040530 Posted Date: 02/15/2017
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)