Statement of Purpose Under indirect, or direct supervision and based on the understanding of patient variables such as age, sex, and other physical characteristics: monitors the medication therapy of hospitalized or ambulatory patients as assigned; confers with and assists medical personnel in the care and treatment of these patients; provides medication information and pharmacokinetic dosing advice; adjust doses, orders laboratory tests, and administers medications according to established policies & procedures; monitors medication distribution; dispenses, compounds, and distributes pharmacy products. Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy degree required.
- Doctorate of Pharmacy degree preferred.
- Pharmacy residency preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a hospital environment or equivalent preferred.
- Completion of Accredited Pharmacy Residency program preferred, would substitute for above.
Minimum Field of Expertise:
- Current California Pharmacist license and registration in good standing required.
- Current BCLS Certification.
- Current ACLS Certification.
As part of Keck Medicine of USC, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is the only community hospital in the Foothills area of Los Angeles backed by an academic medical center. With its 40-year legacy of personalized care from expert physicians, experience nurses and a dedicated staff the community has come to know and trust, USC–VHH brings patients the latest medical advancements and 24/7 emergency services. Join this world-class team providing highly-specialized care, up-to-the-minute research and innovative clinical trials.
REQ20056081 Posted Date: 02/15/2018
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)