Description The Cash Application Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate application of cash and processing of internal and external customer deductions and overpayments and will assist in resolving problems related to these processes.
• Applies cash to customers’ accounts maintained in accounts receivable portfolio.
• Provides assistance to other Cash Application Clerks with research and resolution of problem payments.
• Identifies and analyzes the root cause of customer short payments and codes these into the system for tracking and following established procedures.
• Facilitates the resolution of these items across multiple departments and escalates accordingly.
• Research and apply Unallocated Receipts.
• Works in unison with the credit department to resolve these items.
• Process Check Requests Process Payment differences, write-off’s, and offsets.
• Enters bank corrections into system, processes misc. corrections, and coordinates these activities with the accounting area.
• Provides support to Credit Department on issues relating to application of payments.
• Ensures cash batches are in balance before they’re finalized.
• Coordinates end of month balancing and reporting.
• Facilitate the resolution of intercompany AP and AR balances.
• Assists in new business partner maintenance requests.
• Trains employees when required.
• Assists supervisor in reaching area goals and objectives.
• Performs other duties as assigned. Requirements EDUCATION
• High School Degree or equivalent required.
• Associates Degree of better preferred
• Technical School with related coursework preferred.
• 1-3 plus years’ experience in related environment.
Accountemps, the world’s premier provider of accounting and finance professionals, places highly skilled candidates into finance and accounting jobs at the best companies, on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your detail oriented skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career.
We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting jobs at all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide access to a variety of accounting jobs across industries.
For Immediate consideration, please email your resume to [email protected] Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills - helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don’t take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine’s list of "World’s Most Admired Companies" (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2018 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Location/Region: Riverside, CA (US)