Maxim Healthcare Services is seeking an Insurance Specialist who will assist employees on inquiries and issues related to benefits and eligibility.
• Performs orientation/enrollment of eligible employees for health, dental, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts and optional insurance coverage’s.
• Initiates changes in individual insurance coverage, notifies payroll of deduction changes
• Plans and coordinates activities of employee benefit plans such as maintenance of records, contributions, employee eligibility, benefit payment, administrative expenditures, and related matters
• Sets up claim files, monitors the claim, authorizes repair and/or settlements
• Monitors the filing of unemployment claims and files appropriate response to the state for claims. Prepares quarterly unemployment tax payments and audits quarterly benefit statements.
• Assists and acts in a confidential capacity in employee benefit matters regarding formulation, determination and effectuation of the management policies regarding labor relations.
• Prepares requests for proposals for liability insurance, third party administrator services and employee benefit programs
• Other Insurance Specialist duties as assigned
• High School Diploma/GED/AA Degree
• Preferred one (1) year of Insurance Specialist or related experience
• Ability to work with moderate to limited supervision; ability to follow instructions and be detail oriented
• Successful completion of Maxim background screening and hiring process.
• Current physical exam, if required by state regulations or contract specifications
• Current TB test or Chest X-Ray
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our caregivers are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer them the following benefits:
• Competitive Pay & weekly paychecks
• Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
• 401(k) savings plan
• Continuous professional and clinical training
• Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is a leading provider of home healthcare, healthcare staffing, behavioral care, and population health and wellness services across the United States. We are committed to improving patient care and staffing world-class professionals. As a recognized provider of a comprehensive suite of healthcare services, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers and patients for nearly 30 years.
Maxim Healthcare Services makes all employment decisions, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, retirement, compensation, benefits, transfer, corrective action, or any other decisions affecting the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local government entities. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, “disabled Veterans”, or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Maxim values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members.
As a premier provider of administrative personnel, Maxim Staffing Solutions - Administrative Staffing specializes in placing qualified professionals on contract, temp-to-perm, and direct hire assignments. Our cutting-edge supplemental staffing program ensures that you maintain a consistent and structured staff workflow, allowing you more time to focus on your core business goals. In addition to our employment services, you will also experience benefits that distinguish us from other staffing companies.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)