Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
We are looking for Medical Social Workers to provide medically necessary intervention, in accordance with physician’s orders, to patients who have social or emotional problems. The patient’s social or emotional problems are expected to be an impediment to the effective treatment of the patient’s medical condition and/or rate of recovery.
• Provides medically necessary social work intervention in accordance with physician’s orders.
• Assesses patient’s psychosocial needs, plans for, evaluates and modifies interventions to meet the established patient goals.
• Collaborates with all disciplines to plan and evaluate team goals for each patient.
• Facilitates patient referrals to community agencies when appropriate.
• Provides financial counseling when necessary to achieve the treatment goals established by the multidisciplinary.
• Assists patient/family/caregivers in planning for present and future psychosocial needs as related to the patient’s current status and prognosis including terminal illness.
• Adheres to all Maxim policies and procedures while providing services to patients.
• Adheres to all Maxim expectations with regards to preparation and submission of required paperwork.
• Observes and reports patient progress and/or changes in patient status to physician and appropriate multidisciplinary team members.
• May be asked to participate in Multi-disciplinary Patient Care Conference, PI Committees, Professional Advisory Board and Maxim in-services programs.
• Other Medical Social Workers duties as assigned
• Master of Social Work degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education preferred.
• Minimum of one year of Medical Social Work experience in a health care environment in the last two years preferred.
• Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
• Current PPD or Chest X-ray
• Reliable transportation.
• Successful completion of Maxim screening test with a score of 80% or greater.
• Must meet all of Maxim’s pre-employment screening requirements
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our caregivers are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer them the following benefits:
• Competitive Pay & weekly paychecks
• Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
• Flexible schedules
• 401(k) savings plan
• Continuous professional and clinical training
• Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is a leading provider of home healthcare, healthcare staffing, behavioral care, and population health and wellness services across the United States. We are committed to improving patient care and staffing world-class professionals. As a recognized provider of a comprehensive suite of healthcare services, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers and patients for nearly 30 years.
Maxim Healthcare Services makes all employment decisions, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, retirement, compensation, benefits, transfer, corrective action, or any other decisions affecting the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local government entities. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, “disabled Veterans”, or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Maxim values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members.
Maxim Staffing Solutions is America’s premier source for health care related employment. Stemming from Maxim Healthcare Services, a company with over decade of staffing expertise, we have found our niche by concentrating solely on the placement of imaging/radiology technologists and medical administrative professionals. With Maxim, you’ll choose from preferred assignments and positions in some of the nation’s most prestigious medical entities. We have temp-to-perm, direct placement and travel assignments available nationwide and a competitive benefits package for temporary employees.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)