Requisition #: 28331
Working Title: Research Project Manager - Technology Transfer
Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0801009 - R.I PROGRAMS
City: Los Angeles
Job Category: Management/Professional
Job Specialty: Other Professional
Position Type: Regular-F/T
Shift Length: 8hr
Hours: 8am - 5pm
Days: Monday - Friday
Shift Type: Day
Job Posting: Summary of Essential Job Duties:
Biomarkers and assays are critical to achieving earlier and more accurate diagnoses of disease. Cedars-Sinai’s Technology Transfer Office (TTO) has established a diagnostic development unit to develop and commercialize diagnostic, prognostic and other personalized medicine tests. The Research Program Coordinator supervises all aspects of the day-to-day activities for the two Directors of the Technology Transfer Office in support of its diagnostic development unit. The Coordinator is responsible for project management, data analysis, reporting and program development to ensure the successful and timely completion of diagnostic development unit projects.
List the essential functions in order of most significance.
• Program Management (60%)
• In support of diagnostic development activities, assist TTO Directors in preparation of IRB submissions, data and sample collection protocols, ICFs, data collection, development of grant proposals, publication preparation, and presentations
• Works with Cedars-Sinai’s Clinical Research Coordinators and external CRO’s to coordinate clinical studies to sample collection objectives, timelines and targets
• Serves as liaison between internal and external stakeholders to ensure program milestones are met
• Meets regularly with the Director of International Affairs to assess the needs of internal and external stakeholders; reports back on progress made and identifies areas for further development, refinement, education or outreach that may be needed
• Manages and completes projects for the Director of IP Portfolio Management and Licensing, including but not limited to: market reports, technology dossiers, strategic initiatives, and business development projects
• Provides support as need to the Office of Legal Affairs and Technology Transfer’s Legal Counsel in executing and managing workflow for patent licenses and options, confidential disclosure agreements, inter-institutional agreements, technology research and development agreements and other collaboration agreements
• Serves as a resource to other TTO staff and shares information on diagnostic development program with the team
Data Analysis & Reporting (20%)
• Responsible for recording and maintaining documentation on new and ongoing inventions, projects, marketing efforts, partner communications and other related activities in internal databases, project tracking software and filing systems
• Conducts research and analysis as required to respond to key strategic needs
• Generates reports and dashboards for management of decision-making
• Assists with the identification and analysis of data necessary to make decisions to support strategic initiatives and ongoing program management activity
Program Development (15%)
• Works with leadership (e.g., directors, key research faculty, external development partners) to build programmatic structures and actively participates in long range strategic plans
• Serves as a liaison between Cedars-Sinai and its external partners (both domestic and international), maintaining on-going communication as needed, to facilitate development activities
Other Duties (5%)
• Assists management and executive staff with other special projects and functions as necessary
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Educational Requirements:
BA/BS degree in life sciences required.
Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in biotech/clinical research project management, business development, or related activities in a complex organization required.
Knowledge of diagnostic industry and business practices related to intellectual property protection, asset development, and commercialization.
Ability to promote effective collaboration and teamwork among individuals not directly under their control and from multiple disciplines and cultures.
Experience in a role requiring collaboration (both internally and externally) in a fast-pasted, complex organization.
Outstanding written and oral communication to write business communications, make group presentations, and effectively impart information at meetings.
Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)