As a vital role to the Golf Courses & Grounds team, an Assistant Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance and care of the golf courses and grounds equipment and tools, under the supervision of the Lead Mechanic. This is a non-exempt, full-time position that performs major and minor mechanical repairs on a variety of gasoline and diesel powered equipment and other related tasks.
• Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects in automobiles, trucks, tractors, sweepers, rollers, mowers and other mechanical equipment used for golf course and grounds maintenance
• Sharpen reels, bed knives and rotary mower blades
• Repairs transmissions, differentials, carburetors, distributors, fuel pumps, steering systems, starters, generators, universal joints, sirens, hydraulic systems, and high pressure pumps and valves
• Machining or welding work in making fittings used in automotive equipment
• Maintains records of repairs made, orders and time worked
• Tire repair and changing
• Make in-field repairs
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Understanding of electrical and combustible engines with the ability to service and make repairs
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Ability to work overtime as required
• Work scheduled weekends
• High School Graduate
• Physical demands are required for this position including heavy lifting and manual labor
• Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly and perform strenuous physical tasks under a variety of conditions
• From time to time, employee will be required to work in inclement weather, including but not limited to sun exposure, summer heat, cold and rainy conditions
• Standing, walking, twisting, turning, bending, squatting, stooping and talking, sitting, repetitive movement, writing, typing, telephone and filing
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per club standards. Professional business attire required.
Due to the cyclical nature of the club, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the operation. Employees aim to satisfy the members’ needs and create an environment where the members can create incredible life time memories for their friends and family, while cultivating a positive work environment for our staff.