RECREATION PROGRAM COORDINATOR
City of Santa Paula
Full Time Position
$34,736.00 – $42,230.24 +
914.60/mo. Cafeteria Benefit
Under the direction of the Community Services Director or designee, plans, conducts and evaluates recreation programs and activities for children, youth and seniors.
Qualifications: Must be 18 years of age or older. High Schools graduate or equivalent; and two years’ paid work experience in planning, coordinating and implementing recreational programs and activities. Ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE - A valid Class C California driver’s license. First aid and CPR card must be obtained within six months of hire. Work may be required on evening and weekends.
City application required.
Please Visit our website for full job description and to complete application process
Deadline to apply: 4:30 p.m. FRIDAY, March 16, 2018.
CLICK TO APPLY
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Plans, organizes, conducts and evaluates recreation programs and activities involving the community center, senior center, parks, summer camp, youth sports and special events.
- Assists in selecting, evaluating, monitoring and overseeing the work of part-time and seasonal staff. Coordinates and assists in the training of staff; makes recommendations regarding training needs and resources.
- Promotes City recreation programs in the community and activities to the community; prepares and distributes fliers, pamphlets and brochures.
- Coordinates, plans and schedules recreation programs and activities with those of other City departments, committees and outside agencies.
- Establishes schedules and methods for providing recreation programs and activities; identifies resources needed and allocates resources accordingly.
- Assists with the development and implementation of policies, procedures and fees for programs, activities, services and facilities.
- Recommends programs and activities to higher level recreation personnel; tracks participation, customer satisfaction, maintains records and prepares related reports on new or existing programs; evaluates programs for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Participates in long-term planning to assess future recreation needs; researches new operational techniques, methods and equipment, and makes recommendations for purchases of supplies and new equipment.
- Ensures security and schedules the use of facilities, including community center, senior center, park facilities, fields and gyms; evaluates the condition of assigned facilities and coordinates necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
| Minimum Qualifications:|
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Education: High Schools graduate or equivalent; and
Experience: Two years' paid work experience in planning, coordinating and implementing recreational programs and activities.
License; Certificates; Special Requirements: A valid Class C California driver's license. First aid and CPR card must be obtained within six months of hire. Work may be required on evening and weekends. Ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable.
Knowledge of: Principles, practices, methods, equipment and materials used in the delivery of recreation programs and activities; rules and regulations of various sporting events; methods and techniques for scheduling leagues and the use of facilities; principles and practices of program administration; methods and techniques of supervision, training and motivation; occupational hazards and standards safety practices and equipment; principles and practices of purchasing and record keeping.
Ability to: Plan, organize, direct and evaluate the work of subordinate staff; manage and oversee the delivery of recreation programs and activities; communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; design, develop and implement recreation programs suited to the needs of the community; coordinate, develop and conduct training programs for staff; establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, members of the public and others encountered in the course of work.
Physical and Environmental Demands: Sufficient physical ability to work in an office setting, including prolonged sitting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping in the performance of daily activities and/or strength and agility to lift up to 25 pounds. The position also requires work outdoors in all weather conditions including wet, hot and cold and may be exposed to dust and pollen.
CLICK TO APPLY
Location/Region: Santa Paula, CA