- Reviews open sales orders, open purchase orders, open vendor claims, and open transfers.
- Reviews warehouse procedures and ensures proper warehouse safety procedures are followed.
- Consults with regional buyers and/or vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Manages inventory, controls stock outs and reduces excessive inventory.
- Performs cycle counts to prevent inventory shrink.
- Manages freight expense and approves invoices/freight bills for payment.
- Manages Accounts Payable discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Supervises the proper routing, loading and preparing of orders for shipment and delivery in accordance with customer instructions.
- Trains new employees on warehouse and distribution procedures.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Supports sales staff in meeting sales objectives.
- Other non-essential job duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of operations experience in industrial distribution or warehouse environment.
- Operations responsibility for $5-10 Million wholesale warehouse type facility.
- Experience supervising a team.
- Computer skills including MS Office and Inventory Management software.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of industrial product lines such as pool and spa equipment, chemicals, construction materials, plumbing supplies, electrical supplies, HVAC supplies, auto parts, irrigation supplies, or similar industrial tangible goods helpful.
POOLCORP is a drug-free company and an EOE, M/F/V/D.
Location/Region: Riverside, CA (US)