SoundEarth Strategies California, Inc., a 100% employee owned, established and growing West Coast environmental consulting firm, is seeking a Geologist or Engineer for our Irvine California office to assist with a variety of fast-paced and challenging environmental projects.
The position is a combination of project, task and subcontractor management, field work activities, data analysis/data organization, and technical document preparation.
· Perform and manage Phase I and II environmental site assessments.
· Compile and evaluate data and assist in report preparation.
· Conduct field work, including soil, soil vapor, and groundwater water sampling, aquifer testing, drilling oversight and soil logging, soil boring and monitoring well installation and well development, remediation system installation and operation and maintenance, and construction oversight.
· Assist in data interpretation and preparation of site work plans, spreadsheets, figures, and technical reports.
· Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
· Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory personnel, tenants, and clients.
· Bachelors in Chemical, Civil, or Environmental Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology, or related discipline.
· 2 to 6 years of experience
· 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification a plus
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Effective written/verbal communication skills
· Strong organization and analytical skills
· Experience analyzing technical data and preparing written reports
· Valid driver's license and a good driving record
· Ability to excel in a fast paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines
· Detail-oriented with mechanical aptitude and hands-on trouble-shooting/problem-solving skills
· Ability to travel within Southern California; 75% office work/25% field work
· Proficient with MS Office software suite to prepare technical documents, advanced MS Excel skills a plus
· PE/PG; EIT/GIT, or ability to obtain a plus
SoundEarth Strategies provides extraordinary environmental, water resource and construction services—and our clear, concise communication sets us apart. When we sit down with a client to map out a strategy, we’ll be clear about the outcome that can be expected, how long it will take, and what it should cost—we call it no-surprises project management. To learn more about our consulting divisions please check out our website.