The Port of Hueneme
APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE:
5:00 pm March 23, 2018 or until filled
THE OXNARD HARBOR DISTRICT, WHICH OWNS THE PORT OF HUENEME, IS SEEKING INTERESTED CANDIDATES TO FILL THE POSITION OF REVENUE ACCOUNTANT FOR THE PORT. ANY INDIVIDUAL INTERESTED IN BEING CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION WILL NEED TO APPLY.
Under general direction of the Director of Finance, the Revenue Accountant performs grant management and Port customer billing duties along with a variety of hands on accounting, audit, budgetary, analytical and statistical related duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
The job performs, but is not limited to, the following functions:
- All respects of Account Receivable and Grants receivable from billings though collections.
- Participates in financial modeling, budgetary process; reconciles and updates such projects.
- Participates in maintenance and analysis of general ledger, and sub modules: participates in Month/ Year end closing and audit process; assists in preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR); prepares, analyzes various schedules, reports, and work papers; examines, reconciles and adjusts accounts balances; prepares complex bank reconciliations for multiple accounts on all funds basis.
- Monitors all grant funded projects; reviews and audit grant contracts, amendment, and other documents to ensure grant compliance: maintains and updates spreadsheets for project budgets and progresses; reviews grant requests and billings for compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or closely related field.
- At least 4 years of increasingly responsible financial and accounting duties; EXPRERIENCE IN A PUBLIC AGENCY, IN GRANT MANAGEMENT is preferred. Extensive knowledge in GAAP, GASB.
- Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance; Paid vacation, sick pay and holidays; a retirement plan, Tuition reimbursement and more.
- Incumbent must be able to pass a background check in accordance with current Federal and State Maritime facilities requirements, i.e.; must be able to successfully obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Card, (TWIC)
CLICK TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS
To complete application process & to be considered,
MUST COMPLETE OUR APPLICATION ON OUR WEBSITE
About this company
The Port of Hueneme is owned and operated by The Oxnard Harbor District, created in 1937, as an independent special district (business enterprise) and political subdivision of the State of California. Its mission is to operate as a self-supporting Port that enforces the principles of sound public stewardship maximizing the potential of maritime-related commerce and regional economic benefit.
The Harbor District
The City of Oxnard area (population 181,000), the City of Port Hueneme (population 22,000), and unincorporated beach communities.
Key Economic Engine For The Community
The Oxnard Harbor District collects no taxes, operating entirely on Port business generated funds. As a landlord port, commercial companies enter into operating agreements with the Port. The Harbor District pays significant amounts to the City of Port Hueneme for providing services necessary to support the Port’s activities. The Port of Hueneme is vital in the intermodal logistics supply chain and significantly contributes to the economic health of Ventura County and Southern California.
Play A Part In Our Success
We seek energetic, motivated and committed individuals/partners to join our team. As one of the region’s economic engines, we play a vital role in creating and sustaining sound economic development for Ventura County and Southern California. The Port of Hueneme is an equal opportunity employer.
Location/Region: Port Hueneme, CA