HIRING A STUDIO ASSISTANT WITH PRESSROOM PRODUCTION CAREER PATH
- All employees at Copper Willow begin as studio assistants to gain an understanding of the stationery industry and the level of quality required in our products and level of customer service. Tasks include answering phones, scheduling client appointments, learning how to quality check, wrapping completed projects, and a large amount of handiwork (such as assembling envelope liners, card backers, cutting & tying ribbon, etc.)
- Everyone is responsible for their work and for helping the team finish amazing projects and create phenomenal work!
- Studio hours: Tuesday through Saturday, open for clients 11am to 5pm; production hours 9am to 6pm (flex-schedule)
- Both part- and full-time employees earn sick days
- Full-time employees enjoy paid sick days, vacation, health insurance, wellness program, and flexible schedule
- If you feel that you are qualified to move directly into a full-time position, please explain.
For the pressroom production path, we are hiring someone with an eye for detail who likes working with machinery. After the 2-3 month studio assistant position, you will learn foil printing, machinery maintenance, and bindery, such as cutting, scoring, hole drill, etc. No prior experience necessary. Must be able to lift 35 lbs easily, be comfortable with loud machinery, and be comfortable measuring and doing arithmetic with a ruler down to 1/16 inch.
$12/hour to start; 24 hours per week as studio assistant for 2-3 months
$15/hour after approximately 3-6 months when training is complete; 40 hours per week
When proficiency is earned at foil printing and bindery (12+ months), option to add letterpress training & printing may be available with guaranteed salary increase.
TO BE CONSIDERED, you must send a current resume and cover letter that shows which specific skills and experience make you the most qualified candidate, and then tell us your favorite donut.
Copper Willow Paper Studio, founded in 2006 and located in El Segundo, California, designs and produces custom stationery using a blend of modern and vintage technology. We pride ourselves in expert letterpress and foil printing, with varied design capacity ranging from modern graphic design to hand-drawn calligraphy and illustration.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)