Transport students or special clients, such as the elderly or people with disabilities. Provide additional support for Lead Shuttle Driver to cover schedules and cadet new drivers; perform vehicle inspections as per CHP and ADA regulations; assist student drivers in obtaining Class Licenses; be responsible for providing safety to passengers; be able to make informed and safe decisions independently; maintain cleanliness of vehicles; perform other related duties as assigned.
- Check the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety and ADA equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
- Drive vehicles over specified routes or to specified destinations according to time schedules in order to transport passengers, while complying with traffic regulations.
- Comply with traffic regulations in order to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Pick up and drop off students at regularly scheduled locations, following strict time schedules.
- Report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Follow safety rules as students are boarding and exiting buses, and as they cross streets near bus stops.
- Prepare and submit reports that may include the number of passengers or trips, hours worked, and mileage.
- Keep bus exterior and interior clean for passengers.
- Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort.
- Make adjustments to vehicle as required.
- Complete and submit reports to management.
- Read maps, and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: High School Diploma. At least 1 year of operating a commercial vehicle. Ability to maintain a Class B License. Customer Service skills. Ability to interpret maps, directions, and instructions. Knowledge of state, county and federal laws that pertain to transportation and transit. Written and verbal skills to effectively communicate with supervisors, law enforcement, and customers. Capable of following written and verbal directions.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening.
This is a regular, nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply, please visit: http://jobs.pepperdine.edu/cw/en/job/497300/shuttle-driver
Pepperdine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment practices on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, or prior military service. Federal guidelines recognize the right of church-related institutions to seek personnel who will support the goals of the institution, including the right to select members of the church to which the institution is related.