Under direction from the Facility Maintenance Supervisor, this full time position is responsible for skilled journey level work of facility equipment. A summary of duties will include but not limited to design, construction, installation, maintenance and repair of industrial electrical and electronic control systems and process control instrumentation. The Industrial Control Electrician performs predictive, preventative, and corrective maintenance, as well as troubleshoots, diagnoses, and calibrates electrical and electronic equipment and systems.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematics and troubleshoot to maintain equipment.
- Must be able to use computer software to program both soft starts and variable frequency drives.
- Experience in electronics technology and knowledge of PLC and SCADA hardware and software.
- Basic Concept and Unity Programming for Schneider PLC’s a plus. .
- Possesses extensive knowledge of both the National Electric Code and NFPA70 and its application in a wastewater environment.
- Possesses an education equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by college level coursework or trade school training in electrical technology or a related field.
- Has at least five years of full-time on-the-job (hands on) electrical/electronics and instrumentation training in the industrial field, preferably in domestic, reclaimed, and agricultural water distribution, wastewater treatment facilities, or other related fields.
- Must have or will be required to obtain possession of a valid grade 3 Electrical Instrumentation certificate issued by the California Water Environment Association within 18 months of employment.
- Possesses a valid, appropriate California driver’s license.
- Pay range $32.36 to $41.33/hr., with an excellent benefit package.
This position will remain open until filled. Please visit our website at
for job application, addition information on position and summary of employee benefits. All interested parties should submit an application and any other relevant information to Chuck Smolnikar Facilities Maintenance Supervisor. For questions or additional information direct an e-mail to Chuck or call (805) 967-4519 x130
About this company
We protect the public health and environment by responsible wastewater collection, treatment and resource recovery to meet present and future community needs.