Rents, and sells Caterpillar and Allied equipment / products to maximize revenue; effectively services the rental and sales needs of current and prospective customers from small hand tools and contractor supplies to large earthmoving, and industrial equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Rental customer service activities: take calls, answers questions, quotes rates.
• Assists customers choose correct equipment size, mix, and model for application and jobsite requirements.
• Promotes the use of Caterpillar products for all rental needs.
• Maintains proactive / creative posture to increase rental sales activity and profitability.
• Ensures accurate and timely rental transactions: invoicing, insurance verification, credit checks, payment terms, etc.
• Schedules / coordinates equipment hauling in support customers' needs through appropriate channels; processes billing.
• Updates rental transactions and related information into Rentalman database
• Performs rental equipment check-in / check-out.
• Coordinates / schedules maintenance and repairs with Service Department; monitors repair status and costs.
• Works with Service Department to ensure equipment abuse by customers are identified and billed accordingly.
• Investigates and resolves customer problems with equipment deliveries, repairs, billing, and related logistics.
• Makes recommendations to management regarding changes in the rental fleet mix and equipment needs to maximize revenue.
• Assists outside Sales Representatives as necessary.
• Ensures good housekeeping standards are maintained.
• Assists with other counter operations and rental store functions as needed and requested by store manager.
• Advises management of significant competitive sales and rental activities.
• Represents Quinn Rental Services in a professional manner that promotes the goals and values set forth by Quinn Company and the Caterpillar organization.
Requirements EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Certificate of completion or AA/AS degree from a community college or technical school and four years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F / V / DV
Our history began in 1919 when Quinn Company supplied the Killifer Disc and Holt Tractor to the Fresno area farmers in their quest to develop the great San Joaquin Valley into the worlds richest agricultural region. In 1925, when Holt and Best Tractor Company merged to form Caterpillar Tractor Co. (now Caterpillar Inc.), Quinn became its dealer in the Fresno and Madera County area. Since then, we have expanded through acquisitions and grown along with the economy of California.
Now in our third generation of family ownership, our operations span fifteen counties throughout central and southern California, including Arizona. Quinn now has 18 locations from Salinas to Foothill Ranch with more than 800 employees to serve our customers.
We are proud of the success we have built with the help of our customers, our employees and Caterpillar.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)