The John Stewart Company is a full-service housing management, development and consulting organization that began in 1978 with a commitment to providing high quality service in the affordable housing sector. We work to enrich the lives of our residents and employees, while delivering our services costeffectively, efficiently and with the highest levels of professionalism, compassion, integrity and respect.
Includes a 2-Bd on-site unit.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for the overall operation of the property and the day to day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that ensure a well-managed, well-maintained building and ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and federal, state and local laws.
- Ensure consistent application of property rules and regulations, lease documents and report all violation.
- Process, complete and maintain accurate resident files at move-in and at each recertification within established regulatory guidelines.
- Conduct recruiting, hiring and termination process as well as training and evaluation of all staffs.
- Responsible for program compliance such as HUD, TCAC, Home Program, RHCP, CAL HFA. AHP, etc.
- Obtains appropriate documentation, completes certifications and collects deposits and rents in accordance with program policies and procedures.
- Ensures site staff responds to all resident requests or complaints in a timely, efficient and courteous manner.
- Complete work orders and turnover of vacant units in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or GED required. BA degree or two years experience in affordable housing and management is desirable.
- Basic mathematical skills with proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with ability to prioritize assignments to meet deadlines.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in management, training and evaluation with Tax Credit properties.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are essential. Boston Post software knowledge is a plus.
- Special Needs a experience a PLUS!
The John Stewart Company (JSCo) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
San Francisco ONLY: JSCo will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history pursuant to San Franciscos Fair Chance Ordinance. Oakland ONLY: Section 3 candidates will be given priority at Section 3 properties. Los Angeles City ONLY: JSCo will consider applicants with a criminal history in compliance with the Los Angeles City Fair Chance Ordinance.
The John Stewart Company is a full-service housing management, development and consulting organization that began in 1978 with a commitment to providing high quality service in the affordable housing sector. We work to enrich the lives of our residents and employees, with the highest levels of professionalism, compassion, integrity and respect.