Come work for BrightStar Care, a company who believes in Serving with Passion and Doing the Right Thing. The Caregiver is a member of the home care team who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the client’s needs. The Caregiver will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a client’s care. Work as many or as few hours as you want, as our independently owned and operated team is looking for high-energy individuals that are looking for full or part time work. Nights, days, weekends and holidays are available.
- Provide client with hygiene care as directed including, but not limited to: bathing, grooming, oral care, dressing, undressing, toileting activities, feeding, meal preparation, linen changes, light housekeeping
- Take and record vital signs as well as height and weight, if necessary
- Assist client in active and passive range of motion defined by the plan of care, document observed changes, report any changes to the Director of Nursing
- Assist client in walking and transportation to doctor appointments, outdoor activities, shopping
- Develop and promote a safe environment for quality client care through adherence to established policies, procedures, and standards
- Ensure client’s rights are adhered to
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of paid experience as a caregiver (caring for a non-relative)
- Current CPR or BLS Certification
- Current Physical (within 6 months)
- Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray (within 6 months)
- Adhere to HIPPA and maintain client confidentiality
- Verification of US Citizenship
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must pass drug test
- Licensed driver with insured and reliable automobile preferred
- Attention to Detail: Most clients have specific needs and a special way they like to do things. Our caregivers are essential in maintaining as much consistency and feeling of normalcy as possible
- Interpersonal Skills: Our Caregivers work in a very personal way with clients. Some are in pain or very sensitive to their changes in life. Our Caregivers are sensitive and compassionate with clients.
- Stamina: Our Caregivers might need to lift clients into the bathtub, cars and into bed, and need strength and knowledge of body mechanics
- Time Management: Caregivers are the schedule keepers. Our Caregivers are there to make sure clients stay on schedule and follow their plan of care such as taking their medication, get to appointments on time, etc.
- Assisting clients with ADLs (Heavy to light activities of daily living - based on client need, see responsibilities)
- Companionship: Our caregivers are a helping hand to someone in need, sometimes you are the highlight of the client’s day
- Helping: We help our clients enjoy their hobbies and pastimes and get more enjoyment out of life
- Competitive hourly wages, with weekly pay & direct-deposit
- Incentive programs to increase pay
- Paid training opportunities
- Free continuing education
- Employee recognition programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401(k) plan eligibility
- Flexible schedules: hourly, days, nights, and/or weekends.
- Staff appreciation events
- Variety of assignments, procedures and treatments – we serve patients in-home and also work with facilities to supplement their staff.
- One to one patient care with a customized Plan of Care for the patient
- Support and Oversight of patient care from our Director of Nursing
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: home health aide, certified home health aide, CHHA, hha, h.h.a., medical, home care, homecare, home health, hospice, live in, live-in, CNA, c.n.a., certified nursing assistant, caregiver, companion