3D Printing Technician (Los Angeles)
Established and growing company has an opportunity for a self-motivated, professional, positive, team player that enjoys the challenges of a fast-paced work environment. We are searching for a team member to work at our Los Angeles facility. All duties must be performed at the company’s facility, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (subject to holidays and appropriate breaks).
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting dentists and other dental professionals to navigate and use imaging software to create surgical guides using a 3D printer. Training will be provided for both the imaging software and the operation of the 3D printer. The successful candidate will be required to know and understand the imaging software and all of its functions and capabilities, as well as all the functions and capabilities of the 3D printer. A degree in computer science is desired, but not necessary if the candidate is intelligent, has sufficient experience and aptitude using, understanding and navigating computer programs, and can quickly learn new programs and operations. Knowledge of dentistry and dental terminology is a very big plus, but no actual clinical knowledge or experience is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job, but in no way restricts the tasks that may be asked of the candidate. Management may assign or reassign any duties or responsibilities at any time as management deems necessary.
• Through training and self-education, become completely proficient in using the imaging software and the 3D printer.
• Become familiar with, and have knowledge of, each of the functions and the capabilities of the software and the printer.
• Communicate effectively with dentists, dental professionals and IT personnel to instruct them about the software, its functions and capabilities; including providing low-level technical support over the telephone.
• Once a dental professional has completed a surgical plan using the software, produce the surgical guide using the 3D printer; then package and ship the guide with all required documentation.
• Maintain the 3D printer in optimal working order, and order supplies, parts or repairs as necessary.
• Keep and maintain complete and accurate records of all customer interactions, including electronic files of all patient records and surgical guides produced.
• Provide timely and accurate information to incoming customer requests for order status and/or product information.
• Process customer orders/changes according to established company policies and procedures.
• Inform customers of unit prices, shipping dates, anticipated delays and any additional information needed by customer.
• Receive customer complaints and assess and attempt to resolve them with the assistance of a supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must have extensive hands-on experience and be proficient in learning and using new software and in using and operating computers generally.
• Must have a minimum of a high school diploma and successfully completed some post-graduation classes or training in computer science or a related information technology field.
• Must have exceptional communication skills -- an ability to “think on your feet” to respond to difficult or unanticipated questions or requests.
• Must be able to speak clearly and intelligently in the English language.
• Must have a pleasant, helpful and engaging telephone demeanor.
• Must be able to work independently, as well as with a team.
• Must have problem solving abilities and must be able to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Must be able to read and interpret documents, such as manuals, work instructions and software manuals.
• Must learn, become familiar with all of the dental products in the AB Dental USA Catalog, and have a working knowledge of dental terminology (Training will be provided).
• Must possess strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented, with an emphasis on quality.
• Must possess excellent time-management and task-management skills.
• Must project a professional image -- both orally, over the telephone, and in person.
• Previous experience using imaging software and 3D Printing is preferred.
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technology field from an accredited college or university is preferred, but not necessary if the candidate possesses adequate experience and knowledge of computers, computer software and 3D printing.
• A background in, or knowledge of, dentistry and dental terminology is preferred.
AB Dental USA is an established and growing company, specializing in the development and marketing of dental implants and oral rehabilitation components.