LOCATIONS of Positions:
All Souls Mortuary , Long Beach
Holy Cross Mortuary, Culver City
Under the general supervision of the Location Manager, the Funeral Arranger interacts with client families during their time of need and is responsible for creating and maintaining a premier level of client family satisfaction. In addition, this position may perform various services and client relations activities, while establishing and maintaining effective communication of efforts with mortuary office administrative staff, parish priests and mortuary officials.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
· Services client families during funeral visitations and interment. Assist with caring for the deceased in a respectful manner. Provides customer service in all areas of helping client families following the loss of a loved one. Provides exemplary personalized and professional service. Assists in the implementation of choices made by the family/legal representative regarding the funeral, final disposition of the body and memorialization of the individual. Ensures customer needs are met directly or through appropriately licensed individuals.
· Arranges, conducts and directs bereavement rites, including funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized and caring manner consistent with policies and procedures.
· Confirms authorization to proceed with service arrangements.
· Retains heritage and grows market share through active involvement with community, religious and other organizations.
· Ensures client families are informed of special recognition/services available for veterans and ensures the delivery of selected recognition/services.
· Assists with funeral services by:
o Coordinating the parking of cars
o Driving funeral vehicles
o Assisting at chapel and church services
o Assisting at cemetery
o Delivering flowers, caskets, urns, photos and other personal keepsakes or mementos
o Setting up chairs and the removal, properly cared for and storage of these items
o Participation at special functions
· Provides aftercare in absence of Family Service Counselor. Aftercare includes delivery of documentation, stationery; information on insurance, health benefits, pension; prearrangement for next of kin.
· Ensures potential preneed referrals are shared with Family Service Counselors.
· Ensures adherence to all applicable professional, municipal, state and federal licensing authorities, rules and regulations.
· Completes and accurately prepares all documents related to services, cremations, maintenance and any other type of data entry.
· Assists with general office duties including answering phones and preparing reports as necessary.
· Assist with the maintenance of vehicles, the facility and property.
· Receives caskets and other funeral home supplies as well as place into inventory.
· Ensures refreshments are available (where allowed by law).
· Completes contracts and other documents as required to provide sales and customer service in accordance with the policies of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and based on the funding mechanism utilized (cash or installment sales).
· Answers questions, escorts visitors, researches client family files and records and assists client families as needed.
· Attends interment services of client families. Expresses personal interest and concern for the family and strengthens relationships for follow-up calls and appointments with extended family, friends and associates directed to preneed sales presentations.
· Attends meetings and group activities as directed.
· Addresses and resolves customer service issues in a timely manner.
· This position may perform various service and client relations activities.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
· Assocate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and automobile insurance.
· California Funeral Director’s licensed preferred or 3 years related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge of computers and some software including MS Office products required.
· Bilingual – Spanish/English.
· Available to work weekends and evenings.
· Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
· Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
· Must be able to read and interpret Mortuary policies, procedures, contracts and customer files such as interment right records.
· Provide excellent customer service skills by responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, co-workers or members of the business community.
· Effectively present information to patron family members, co-workers and management.
· Ability to follow multiple pending requests through to completion.
· Ability to organize and coordinate projects.
· Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions and percentages and to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
· Ability to concentrate and complete moderately complex forms.
· Work independently with initiative and little supervision.
· Maintain confidentiality.
· Understanding of Christian Burial in the Catholic Church.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with families at the time of need and create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction.
· Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis.
· Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking.
· Requires ability to frequently lift or move objects 50 pounds or more.
· Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands, and arms.
· Ability to express or exchange information by means of the spoken word.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must fill out an application, which can be found on the Archdiocese website at:
The completed application must be submitted, along with a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit the email with the following subject line:
Your First & Last Name, Position, Location
Our mission is to live and reflect the core values that flow from our mission statement -- to serve others with Christian dignity and respect, to demonstrate a commitment to community, and to collaborate with one another in ministry.