Job Title: Senior Financial Writer
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Duration: 9 Months Contract
Need someone with financial investment knowledge/experience as the work will be focused on portfolio construction, fixed income, target date funds and defined contribution content. It’s important that the writer has the central expertise in the digital marketing side of the house. We are looking for someone who is expert at working in small high velocity agile teams for the web, and who has worked directly with UX designers and front end developers to translate complex topics into simple direct content for digital experiences. It would be a plus if the writer had experience creating content for both the financial professional and investor audiences.
Corporate experience is preferred.
Job Description: Senior Writer
The Senior Writer works independently on standardized/recurring assignments and under the direct supervision of more senior team members on complex projects, analyses, and tasks. Updates content of existing print, email, presentation, or web communication materials with new information to reflect current tone, statistics and timeframes. Writes original content by conducting necessary research and ensuring content aligns with the business goals and communicates the desired message. Executes core content that may be leveraged through print and digital channels.
· Revises and repurposes existing content. Updates materials to reflect current tone, statistics and timeframes. Ensures content adheres to corporate brand standards, style guides, and legal and compliance guidelines. Recommends revisions to communications to ensure alignment with organizational tone and current industry practice.
· Develops original content. Collaborates with content stakeholders to understand and follow strategic direction, key objectives, and themes for content. Researches statistical, product, audience, and other relevant information to successfully complete writing assignments. Utilizes online information, statistical databases, and research library. May conduct interviews with senior business leaders and investment professionals. Writes original content for communications, including, but not limited to, marketing materials, reports on markets and portfolios, articles, and topical pieces for various audiences. Ensures content aligns with business goals, communicates the desired message to the intended audience, and adheres to corporate brand standards, style guides, and legal and compliance guidelines. Translates content for delivery in multiple channels, utilizing the content management tool to develop individualized sets and elements and to tag for search engine optimization. May synthesize input from sources with diverse perspectives to create content representative of collective contributors; may provide rationale for content decisions to senior team members.
· Liaises with other business groups. Collaborates with Marketing and other business groups on larger campaigns or initiatives to ensure alignment with project objectives. May serve as creative lead on development and distribution of broad communication efforts to update, educate and provide direction to regionally-specific associate populations.
Manages writing projects. Collaborates with others to guide process and ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner. Ensures changes in content and schedules are communicated to the appropriate associates within the project work group and any other relevant areas. Acts as the primary contact for a project’s reviewers during circulations. May collaborate with the Designer to develop layout and concepts.
· Keeps abreast of company, industry and regulatory changes, and internal initiatives
· Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills
· Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals; and ability to lead others while maintaining effective business relationships with associates throughout the organization
· Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
· Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of moderate complexity
· Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of multiple content channels
· Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of financial and investment concepts
· Requires at least 5 years of financial writing experience in a creative, corporate environment
Solugenix, the longest serving independent IT consulting firm in the nation, delivers comprehensive, managed-services IT solutions known for their innovation, value and dependability. Our custom IT services, including Application Lifecyle Management Services, Business Applications Support, Custom Inbound/Outbound Call Centers, IT Service Desk Operations and Support and Professional Staffing solutions are tailored to unique industry requirements and delivered with predictable, manageable costs to optimize mission-critical transactions, drive business value and support customer success.