JOB TITLE: Customer SupportEngineer (Robotic Installation)
DEPARTMENT: Regional Service DIVISION: Service
This position involves performing quality installations of bending automation and robotics, ensuring that all details and aspects of installations are addressed, in order to secure customer satisfaction. Performs field service as well as phone support to customers. Provides training and technical support to local regional engineers. As integration of blanking machines to bending automation develops, this Customer Support Engineer will also be required to take continuing education.
- ALL aspects of the installation of bending automation and robotics. Includes mechanical, electrical, network, trainingand software.
- Ensure that the installation progresses in a timely manner.
- Keep abreast of delivery schedule of the products and arrange personal travel accordingly.
- Order any parts/accessories that may be missing, damaged, or required to complete the installation.
- Ensure all machine functions are operating correctly.
- Train the customer on operations and maintenance, and applications.
- Train field service engineers to install bending automation products.
- Provide support to the field service engineers and regional service managers
- On machine installation updates.
- On installation issues.
- By monitoring machine installations performed by engineers in training.
- On new machine model issues, for which information is scarce, or the field service engineer has not received training yet.
- Source customer-needed parts that are not in stock in the Amada Parts Department.
- Ensure that all pertinent paperwork (service reports, installation reports, expense reports, etc.) is completed.
- Document engineering and manufacturing changes that could help expedite installations.
Regional Service Manager, Robotics Product Department
This position requires the following technical knowledge:
- Mechanical systems
- Electrical systems
- Electro-mechanical systems
- PLC ladder sequence
- Applications software related to bending and automation
- Network communication
- Commonly used PC application software (Excel, Word, etc.)
This position requires the following non-technical knowledge:
- Standard methodology of servicing a customer, as it relates to Amada and to the sheet-metal industry.
- Flow of “chain of command”.
- Parts ordering process, including “Urgent Part Request” processes, and “Parts Removal Request” processes.
- Paperwork process.
- Machine trouble-shooting, from fine detail, to being able to look at the “big picture”.
- Document creation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Effective scheduling of self in coordination with local engineers.
Travel will be on an “as-needed” basis, but will be extensive due to the nature of the bending automation product. Weekend stays at the customer as needed only. Overnight stays can decrease after initial 13 month training period with engineer assimilating towards Regional support and increasing local engineer training on proper installation techniques. Occasional travel outside US.
- Ability to work harmoniously with others.
- Ability to accept and follow instruction.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude; “can-do”, positive attitude towards work, co-workers, managers, sub-ordinates, and customers.
- Perseverance, diligence, and the sense of urgency to see a project to completion.
- Pride in workmanship, not only on a personal level, but on a company level.
- “Can-do”, positive attitude towards work, co-workers, managers, sub-ordinates, and customers.
LIFTING: Average Weight: 60 lb. Frequency: Daily
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA