Do you thrive in a fast pace environment where you are faced with challenges and shifting priorities? Are you an enthusiastic individual who is a decisive self-starter with the competitive drive to win? If you prefer a professional workplace where you can meet new people and focus on all aspects of growing a business then we are looking for you be a Distribution Manager.
- Coordinate fleet moves throughout the entire LA area (2 major airport and 63 off airport locations).
- Ensure the efficient delivery of wholesale and turnback units to the appropriate auctions to reduce vehicle deletion time.
- Supervise a large staff of unionized transporters and manage productivity to reduce costs, enhance customer service and improve performance.
- Help to manage the in-fleeting process.
- Work in conjunction with the Fleet and Contribution (yield) departments to ensure the pool is making the correct “move” decisions based on contributory rentals.
- Complete a variety off administrative responsibilities including but not limited to working in conjunction with ERS, locating missing cars, maintaining non-revenue vehicle reporting, verifying wholesales / turnbacks, opening and receiving purchase orders and tow tickets, requesting vehicle titles, assisting with regional re-marketing efforts and answered all fleet related questions for the field as they arise.
Mandatory Requirements Candidates need to have: Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record.
- Ability to drive multiple types of vehicles (automatic)
- Ability to project professional appearance.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to engage in verbal interactions with customers.
- Strong sales skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Properly manage employees including; training, developing, setting expectations, and disciplining.
- Must have excellent computer skills and mid to expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Must be able to carry out additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management due to operational needs.
- Must have the ability to work flexible schedules, including holidays, weekends, and overtime as required
Preferred Requirements Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening. EEO/AA: Females/Minorities/Disabled/Vets
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)