Our Service Technicians will perform, but are not limited to: installation, repair, maintenance, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of commercial refrigeration equipment.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Hours may be flexible; must be able to work on-call and overtime.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
• Must have both verbal and written communication skills.
• EPA Certification.
• Valid California driver’s license; need to be insurable by our insurance company.
• MUST HAVE 3-5 years of experience working with commercial HVAC, refrigeration equipment, service, and maintenance.
• Mechanical aptitude and organizational skills.
• Motivated self-starter who can perform with little supervision.
• Diagnosis and troubleshooting of commercial refrigeration equipment.
This includes liquid chillers, ice machines, walk-in coolers and freezers, reach-in coolers and freezers, A/C units, ventilation, exhaust, make-up air, evaporator coils, compressors, electrical control systems, thermostatic expansion valves, and related controls.
• Perform planned maintenance on all customer equipment.
• Follow all company safety procedures and environment rules.
• Prepare written work orders in a complete and legible manner, including explanation, hours, materials, and costs.
• Keep track of assigned materials, tools, and equipment.
• Maintain the good condition of assigned company truck and inventory.
V.L. SHAW INC., A GROWING, YEAR-ROUND HVAC/REFRIGERATION COMPANY, IS LOOKING FOR A SERVICE TECHNICIAN FOR THE SAN FERNANDO VALLEY AREA AND SURROUNDING CITIES.