Position: Residential Assistant
Work Location: Culver City
Assist in ensuring the 24-hour residential home is physically maintained and assume responsibility for meeting the day to day needs of the residents, consistent with ECF policy and regulatory agency requirements relative to licensing.
- Attend to the personal needs of residents in a respectful and caring manner. Assist with residents’ personal hygiene needs including, but not limited to: toileting, bathing, dressing, and incidents of incontinence, and changing bedding if necessary. Ensure residents are appropriately groomed by following individual service plan (ISP) goals and recommended prompting levels. Assist and support residents with daily chores including changing sheets and doing laundry.
- Supervise residents during meal preparation, ensuring adherence to menus and diet. Encourage family-style dining by eating with the residents during regular meal times.
- Be familiar with the residents’ Individual Program Plan (IPP) objectives and ensure the plan is followed, participating with prompts/actions when required. Write progress reports on ISP objectives on a daily basis. Maintain communication with the Residential Manager and consultants; share pertinent information with oncoming staff.
- Administer medications to residents, following the medication administration policy. Report discrepancies to the Registered Nurse (RN) and Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional (QIDP) immediately.
- Interact with the residents when on the premises or during community outings (medical appointments or social outings). Transport residents in a 12-15 passenger van to social activities and medical appointments. Transfer and ambulate residents as determined by their IPP using appropriate methods and body mechanics.
- Follow posted cleaning schedule to ensure that all common areas of the home are clean and well-maintained. Perform household tasks as assigned, including but not limited to: completing food service tasks, laundry, etc.
Experience: Two years direct service with special needs population.
- Successfully pass a reading, writing, and English comprehension test.
- Basic knowledge of residential home operations.
- Knowledge of Department of Health Services regulations, Department of Developmental Services (DDS) Title 17, and Department of Social Services (DSS) Title 22, preferred but not required.
- Ability to recognize and respond to Universal Safety signs.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to comprehend directions regarding work to be performed and safety guidelines to be followed.
- Valid Class C California driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Pass a DOJ/FBI background investigation.
- Maintain a professional image while on duty by following ECF’s dress code.
Exceptional Children’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or intellectual disability, medical condition (including pregnancy and medical conditions related to childbirth), military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants may submit an employment application by visiting our ECF careers page:
Exceptional Children's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or intellectual disability, medical condition (including pregnancy and medical conditions related to childbirth), military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.
To learn more, visit www.ECF.net and connect on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ConnectwithECF.
Providing the highest quality services for children and adults challenged with developmental, learning and emotional disabilities — empowering them to reach their greatest potential.