Local Roots’ mission is to improve global health by building a better food system. We design, build, deploy, and operate cutting-edge indoor farming projects. Our controlled environment farms yield the highest quality, locally-grown produce using breakthrough technologies that allow us to grow with 99% less water, pesticide and herbicide free, and with perfect consistency in production. Every day we work on innovating agriculture in ways that others think impossible. Our goals are audacious and we are committed to positively impacting the future of humanity. To accomplish our mission, we need the most talented people on the planet.
Role – As a Farm Operations Associate at Local Roots, you’ll be directly providing everyone access to fresh, healthy, and affordable locally grown produce. You will efficiently seed, transplant, and harvest from our indoor vertical farms as well as provide feedback to the design team to improve our farm builds. Starting wage is $13.00 per hour.
Responsibilities – You should be confident making significant contributions in the following categories:
- General agricultural responsibilities in the farm, including seeding, transplanting, harvesting, packaging, labeling, cleaning, taking inventory, etc.
- Collecting accurate data on crop tracking, quality, and yield.
- Maintaining food safety, risk management, and hazard action plan protocols and standards
Requirements – Your background should include the following:
- Experience with detail-oriented physical tasks and working in teams
- Have the ability to meet production schedules, quality standards, productivity goals, and adhere to safety standards and attendance policies
- Be able to maintain inventory control procedures and perform cycle counts as directed
- Be able to complete quality assurance and test reports as needed
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe working environment
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be hard working, independent, driven, and responsible
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body and be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Have valid CA Drivers License
- Flexibility in schedule for seasonal adjustments in the farm cycle
Bonus points if you have a passion for food, farming, and forging a better future.
If this describes you and you are interested working with a brilliant team of designers, passionate foodies, and technology junkies, apply today!
We design, build, deploy and operate the world’s most productive indoor farming solutions. We believe the key to a more sustainable future requires eliminating supply-chain risks and undoing the commoditization of the food industry. That’s why our Local Roots Family is building a distributed network of cutting-edge farms throughout the world to grow the freshest, healthiest food possible.