Title: Senior Media Buyer
The Senior Media Buyer position is responsible for seeking out, purchasing, negotiating and optimizing media space for a variety of clients.
- Negotiate, purchase and optimize profitable media buys by obtaining the most competitive prices in the marketplace
- Diligently monitor daily buy maintenance, including, but not limited to, the reviewing of pre/post logs, resolving discrepancies, maintaining budgets, ensuring clearance percentages, achieving client goals, no charges, fire sales, etc.
- Develop and retain good relationships with stations; should maintain daily contact
- Test new markets and time periods, and monitor performance
- Regularly communicate with key people within the company regarding details about buys, stations and any research so as to help campaign managers make good buying decisions
- Optimize our rates with creative media packages, including getting “no charges” and “fire sales”
- Be an expert on the stations you buy, including trends and demographics of the station
- Understand internal department procedures and deadlines and how they tie back to the media campaign
- Holistically understand the TV landscape to effectively manage, develop and grow our client business through our media plans and strategy
- Understand each station's restrictive programming per client and how it affects the campaign
- Have a deep understanding of MediaMath (CPO, ratio, CPC, CPP, CPM ROI, etc.) and know how to build a buy when given such goals as TRPs, CPP, CPM, etc.
- Create high-quality profitable media buys
- Maintain up-to-date rate card information and programming
- Working knowledge of MediaOcean buying software with buy maintenance experience, which includes entering, revising and canceling media buys
- Ability to pull and understand a variety of media reports from buying software
- Establish solid station relationships
- Ensure accuracy in all areas of media management
- Provide good follow-up as it relates to answering questions, voicemail and emails from stations and other employees
- Complete assignments and/or agreements within deadlines
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in TV media buying at an advertising agency
- Excellent negotiating, analytical and communication skills
- Proficient in problem-solving and brainstorming for solutions
- Experienced in buying national, syndication and local market DRTV and brand response campaigns
- Demonstrated intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experienced in using various media research tools such a Kantar, Nielsen and SRDS
Entech Networks is a boutique staffing agency focusing on the placement of professionals at all levels, nationwide.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)