Rosemary Children's Services opened its doors in 1920 to help and serve adolescent girls. Since then, the agency has grown to provide 'at-risk' youth with therapeutic and compassionate services through Residential Treatment, Mental Health, Wraparound, Field Capable Clinical Services, Relative Home Assessment Services and Foster Family Agency and Adoptions Programs.
It is the mission of Rosemary Children's Services to be a catalyst for sustained improvement in the lives of those we touch. The Residential Department has immediate openings for Residential Counselors. Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provide constant supervision to the residents in your care while in the group homes, Mental Health Groups, recreational activities and out in the community. This includes providing counseling and transportation as needed.
- Create a safe and constructive group social atmosphere for residents.
- Providing case management and participating in the development and monitoring of treatment goals for a caseload of 1-2 residents . Complete required caseload paperwork for each assigned resident.
- Assisting residents on discussing individual problems and settling disputes. Utilizing the Pro-Act principles to deescalate residents who are compromising their safety, the safety of others or the structure of the program.
- instructing residents on household routines. Supervising and ensuring household routines are completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Sunday - Tuesday 7:00am - 12:30pm (Part Time)
- Sunday - Tuesday 5:00pm - 10:00pm (Part Time)
- Thursday - Saturday 7:00am - 12:30pm (Part Time)
- Thursday - Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm (Part Time)
- On Call (Days and Time Varies)
- A Bachelor's Degree in the Social Services field.
- Must maintain a valid California Driver's License and acceptable DMV record for the last three (3) years (no license suspensions within the last three (3) years and under three (3) points.
- Successful completion of a Criminal Record Clearance, Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB and Medical History Review Clearance and Employment Verification.
Rosemary Children's Services was a solution for children of neglect who would otherwise be sent to Juvenile Hall. Officially opening its doors in April 1920, this safe-haven had the ability to house 10 girls and a housemother. By 1928 The Cottage was built, which eventually provided a sanctuary to 19 teenage girls.
During the 1940s, Rosemary Cottage made property improvements and expanded their offerings by introducing various treatment services for girls and their families. Additionally, they hired a team of social workers to meet the standards of their charity partner, the Los Angeles and Pasadena Community Chest, the organization now known as The United Way.
In 1967 Robert Romberger donated the house that allowed Rosemary Cottage to launch its first group home for 6 troubled girls. The Romberger home became the foundation for the current group home program that teaches independent living skills to girls in placement situations.
In 1970, with the generous support of its patrons, Rosemary's acquired a second group home called Bonnie, followed by 500 House six years later and in 2002 acquired its fourth group home called "Green House" making it possible to help and house a total of 39 at-risk teen girls. All four homes have been maintained and remodeled over the years to provide quality resources and special programs to help teenage girls.
In 2002 the agency also received state certification making it possible to offer services that will meet the needs of various Los Angeles County agencies.
For more than 90 years Rosemary Children's Services has endured as one of the oldest West Coast charities committed to providing compassionate and therapeutic services to at-risk children of all ages. The agency annually serves over 450 children throughout Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside and Orange Counties. Programs include: The Residential Treatment Program, Mental Health Services, Foster Care and Adoption Services, Intensive Treatment Foster Care, Wraparound and Field Capable Clinical Services.
Location/Region: Pasadena, CA (US)