Kimble is looking for motivated designers ready to take on large challenging commercial projects.
Auto CAD skills required.
Fire Sprinkler Experience required.
1. Design and layout a complete sprinkler system and associated equipment to meet project specifications, applicable NFPA and local codes using AutoCAD and HydraCAD.
2. Size pipes by hydraulic calculations
3. Calculate and layout seismic bracing for pipes
4. Space co-ordination with other trades using Navisworks
5. Provide technical engineering information and interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications for foremen.
6. Identify contract document conflicts and find solutions by conferring with Architects and Fire Protection Engineer.
7. Update drawings with changes as issued by architects and communicate changes to foremen.
8. Issue change orders for additions to original scope of work.
9. Stocklist, order and track material required to finish fire protection installation.
10. Present oneself as a candidate for promotion by learning and understanding fire protection installation process and developing good management skills.
Education preference: BS in Mechanical, Civil or Structural engineering.
Software skills: Working knowledge of AutoCAD or similar CAD software, working knowledge of creating and modifying 3D objects in a CAD environment, working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite preferred.
Salary Range dependent on experience in the fire protection industry. No experience is required.