RN – ICU
Nurses seeking schedule flexibility and premium hourly wages should consider CarePoint Shift Nursing Registry for “per day” nursing also known as Per Diem. Although the majority utilize per diem shifts to supplement their existing incomes, there are some who work per diem as their full time job. The RN is responsible for providing professional nursing care within the ICU, SICU or CCU; coordinates care planning and implementation with other disciplines, for the adolescent, adult and older adult (geriatric) patient.
- Formulates the plan of care to address all identified nursing diagnoses / patient problems, in collaboration with appropriate multidisciplinary team members, and in accordance with hospital and department standards, policies, and procedures. Assists team leaders in this process.
- Expected outcomes are written in measurable, behavioral and realistic terms.
- Assesses patient / family learning needs, including any tasks that the patient can or cannot accomplish as related to his / her current health problem (s). Considers age, cultural values, religious beliefs, barriers to learning, desire, and motivation to learn. Ensures that care and instructions given are appropriate for the age and level of understanding of the patient, parent, or guardian as appropriate. Utilizes effective teaching strategies appropriate to the age level of the patient.
- Ensures that discharge-planning goals are documented and realistic for all assigned patients.
- Independently prioritizes activities of patient assignments in an organized fashion based inpatient acuity, unit needs, resources available, and patient family preferences, when possible, and delegates care to team members as appropriate.
Minimum Education: Graduate of an Accredited Professional School of Nursing. Bachelor of Science degree preferred. Completion of a Critical Care Course preferred.
Minimum Experience: Two (2) years recent clinical nursing experience. One (1) year recent experience in an intensive care setting. Three (3) years experience preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Current California RN license. Current American Heart Association (BLS), (ACLS) Certification. Certification as a Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN).
Our per diem registry is contracted with multiple healthcare facilities in southern California. When a facility lacks the staff to provide sufficient coverage, they call upon CarePoint Shift to provide supplemental staff. As needs come in from facilities, our staffing coordinators find available nurses qualified to meet the facilities' needs. This system of giving availability each week and accepting or rejecting shifts gives our employees a high degree of flexibility in creating their own work schedule.
CarePoint Shift Nursing is owned and managed by a group of professional nurses. We’re specialized in providing healthcare staffing to hospitals, hospice, home health agencies, skill nursing homes and private residents across southern California. It’s the foundation upon which we’re helping healthcare organizations meet their staffing needs and our communities.
Visit https://www.carepointshiftnursing.com, join the team, and help make the difference every day!
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)