Location: Ruffin Rd., San Diego, CA 92123
Start time: 7:AM for approximately 40 hours a week; Monday through Saturday (must be flexible with schedule of hours and travel requirements within a 50-75 mile radius (mileage reimbursement).
RESOURCE RECOVERY is the selective of disposal materials for a specific next use. The Resource Recovery Quality Assurance Specialist performs services to ensure that regulated waste at client's facilities is properly handled, containerized, accumulated, packaged and disposed of. The Quality Assurance Specialists performs a variety of operational tasks related to non-hazardous waste materials management which include waste control, safety, waste reduction/material conservation, environmental protection and reporting. Janitorial/Custodial experience a PLUS!
- Identify and separate disposed materials in accordance with California State regulations and client's procedures.
- Identify non-compliant material and take proper course of action.
- Maintain collection areas in accordance with California State Regulations and client's procedures.
- Keep receptacles secured to prevent unauthorized access.
- Move materials as needed. This may involve use of pallet jack, dollies and other necessary equipment.
- Conduct inspections of receptacles and accumulation areas to ensure requirements are followed.
- Order new accumulation containers as required
- Initiate pick up request when receptacles are at capacity
- Maintain a detailed log as instructed by supervisor
- Report exceptions to Supervisor and Client management
- Assures Methods and Procedures used in inspecting, identifying and correcting conditions are strictly followed as determined by Operations Management.
- Responsible for storing and securing all GATC and client's tools, materials and equipment
- Responsible for daily inspections of all equipment including but not limited to operations, effectiveness and cleanliness.
- Conduct daily inspections of landfill bound trash dumpsters for regulated waste that were previously sorted by Resource Recovery Specialist staff
- Report findings from inspections to supervisor upon finishing inspection. Additional Quality Assurance responsibilities as necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
- A valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable personal transportation required
- Must be punctual, dependable, and flexible: W/E, Holidays and additional hours may be mandatory as needed.
- Required to adhere to all safety policies and procedures at all times, including but not limited to wearing a pair of reinforced-toe shoes or boots and all personal protection equipment.
- For payroll, possible mileage reimbursement and time tracking; Must agree to GPS tracking system.
- Ability to stoop/kneel/crouch/reach/stand/walk/sit for extended length of time.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.+, use pallet jack, adjusts to weather climates as needed.
- Must be able to use a hand held sorting/grabbing tool to inspect dumpsters.
- Must be able to climb stairs and/ or step stools.
- Satisfactory background check and drug testing is required.
Positioned at the center of the product distribution domain, Genesis-ATC is an essential original equipment manufacturer (OEM)-to-consumer link providing critical forward logistics, post-manufacturing support, reverse logistics, field installation and engineering services, and equipment sales. Genesis-ATC is a subsidiary of parent company Genesis and is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, with its primary warehouse and staging center out of Memphis, Tennessee, and operations throughout the United States.
Location/Region: San Diego, CA (US)