Interested in joining a fast-growing, innovative, environmentally friendly and vertically integrated manufacturer of commercial office seating for the contract furniture market? You would be joining a very close-knit team at this fast-growing multi-plant business. This full-time position is located in our State-of-the-Art Leed Gold Hawthorne, CA manufacturing facility.
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with HR Manager in supporting 9 to 5 Seating’s future growth objectives. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: payroll, benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Administers the payroll, compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel as well as temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings as needed.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment with access to factory area as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- A bachelor's degree and three to five years of HR experience, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
9 to 5 Seating is an EOE/AA/E-verify Participating Employer