Hostelling International – Santa Monica is a premiere hostel facility (260 beds) committed to providing our guests with a venue for personal growth and a better understanding of the US, the world, and its people. Our hostels give travelers the opportunity to participate in educational programs and activities, as well as offering a safe/secure, clean, and affordable place to stay, to experience the Los Angeles area. Enjoy our casual work environment while meeting people from all over the world! To learn more about us – go to www.hiusa.org
- Clean common spaces, kitchens, bathrooms, and rooms as assigned. Includes cleaning walls, floors, mirrors, and windows; dusting paintings, window sills, furniture, counters, and door frames; vacuum, mop, and buff floors as needed.
- Prepare rooms for guests, including making the beds and cleaning the furniture and floors.
- Complete all assigned tasks as outlined on shift checklists.
- Empty trash and recycling as necessary.
- Follow HI-Q Standards and Procedures.
- Maintain inventory of daily supplies.
- Report any maintenance issues that come to your attention.
- Assist maintenance staff in cleanup of hostel projects.
- Coordinate any food and beverage presentations as necessary for breakfast, dinners or other special events.
- Respond quickly to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner (15 min max.) and follow-up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Represent and promote the hostel and Hostelling International in a positive manner to guests, local officials, local residents, community media and the general public.
- Attend mandatory monthly meetings and other training courses as directed.
- Engage with guests and inquire about their stay.
- Wash, dry, and put away laundry, including bedding and towels.
- Help with food preparations as necessary.
- Deep cleaning as necessary.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service and problem resolution skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Minimum six months of hostel or hotel experience preferred
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as schedule requires
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands and arms. The employee is frequently to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Opening is IMMIDIATE. Send your resumes NOW to
Location/Region: Santa Monica, CA (US - 90401)