Title : Order Selector
The responsibilities of an order selector include the following, but is not limited to, ensure all warehouse equipment is inspected and operated safely, customer orders are picked through the use of RF scanners, customer orders checked for quality and accuracy, palletized, and staged efficiently in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security, and productivity.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform all tasks as assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor in support of warehouse operations.
- Perform all assigned task in accordance with company and departmental guidelines and productivity standards.
- Demonstrate constant improvement mentality via process review and suggestions to management.
- Attend all meetings as required by management.
- Safely operate manual/electric pallet jacks and forklifts according to company and OSHA guidelines.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area.
- Efficient picking and fulfillment of customer orders through the use of an RF scanner.
- Conduct picking operations in compliance with company, OSHA, GMP, MSDS, GFSI, and HACCP standards.
- Execute and complete accurately of all orders picked through RF scanning.
- Repack and weigh any customer orders that require such handling.
- Ensure customer order accuracy when picking, loading, and shipping.
- Palletize, stage, and label customer orders to designated staging area or as requested.
- Carry or transport orders to staging locations, delivery vehicle, or customer with warehouse equipment while maintaining quality standards, inventory integrity. (Hand-truck, manual/electric pallet jack)
- Inspect and report minor and/or major maintenance on warehouse equipment.
- 2+ years of experience in a warehouse or distribution environment preferred.
· 1+ year working knowledge of basic produce items. Understand grading scales and stages of vegetable and fruit maturity.
· Knowledge of HACCP, OSHA, GMP, GFSI, and MSDS regulations.
· Knowledge of WMS & Productivity Standards
- RF/Vocal picking in fast pace cold storage environment.
- Warehousing & Inventory control.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively, follow outlined tasks, and understand general workflow concepts with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions from management and supervision, bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
- Perform and execute basic math skills.
- Ability to operate an electric forklift and radio frequency equipment and have completed a forklift training program. Forklift certification a plus.
- The ability to follow directions a plus.
- Punctuality and excellent attendance record.
- Be able to follow instructions with minimum supervision.
- The ability to perform light to medium physical work; such as performing occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Reaching, bending, standing and frequent movement for durations of shifts on a daily basis.
- Able to move, push or pull 50lbs frequently during the work shift.
- Must be capable of sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Normal warehouse environment with moderate equipment noise and traffic in condense areas.
- Dust levels and cold temperature changes up to freezing levels typically found in a temperature controlled warehouse/distribution environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.